Grumpy Needs Your Help

May 13, 2008 | By | Comments (10)

Q: Hi, Sometime in the early to mid 90’s Southern Living featured a garden where the home owner built a large metal form that he placed pots of flowers on. It looked like a tree of flowers. The plans were included in the article. In my several moves in the last few years I have lost the plans, and I was wondering if you could help me locate a copy of them? Thanks for any help you can provide. Patricia McGuire

A:I’m getting to the age where I sometimes forget where I live or what drawer to put my underwear. So I’m drawing a blank here. Not all hope is lost, though. You see, Southern Living readers are famous for hoarding past magazines. I met a woman last week who says she has every issue since the first one in 1966 and took them all with her when she moved four different times. What a loyal reader! We should send her a basket of fruit.

So maybe our readers can help you. How about it, people? Does anyone recall when this story appeared? Inquiring minds want to know. Grumpy

COMMENTS

1. Grumpy Gardener

Whoops! Looks like Sunset changed the page. I suggest you go to sunset.com, click on their blog, “Fresh Dirt,” and pose your question there. They should be able to help.

March 11, 2009 at 4:18 pm
  2. Diane Kepus

I know I am a little late reading this posting, but it really interested me. I went to the Sunset magazine link, but could not find the instructions for the planter. Any suggestions?

March 11, 2009 at 1:21 pm
  3. Patricia

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it very much. Stay on those meds and take care.

May 24, 2008 at 11:14 pm
  4. Grumpy

“Psychotic,” to be more precise, but I’m harmless as long as I keep taking my meds.

May 24, 2008 at 10:17 am
  5. Patricia

My heavens, how on earth did you guess? There is just no end to your talents is there? Not only are you the grand wizard of all gardening knowledge, now we find out that you are psychic as well.

May 24, 2008 at 7:35 am
  6. Grumpy

A monster bike?

May 23, 2008 at 8:27 pm
  7. Patricia

Oh, Grumpy and Mario BIG KISSES to you both!! Guess what my welder boyfriend is building for me. I am a happy woman!!

May 23, 2008 at 2:47 pm
  8. Grumpy

Mario, you da man! What about it, Pat? Could this be what you’re looking for? Don’t feel bad. A lot of people see something in “Sunset” and think it was in “Sothern Living.” Now if you confused us with “Better Trailer Homes & Gardens,” we’d be upset.

May 18, 2008 at 9:56 am
  9. Mario
    May 17, 2008 at 7:40 pm
  10. pat

I have a whole lot of back issues, stacks and stacks…but I don’t ever recall that metal tree form…

May 14, 2008 at 4:49 pm