Southern Living covers, II

Check out two more vintage covers from Southern Living‘s early years. Other than the hairdo, Jackson Square’s sidewalk art still looks pretty much the same. If you readers have any SL‘s from the 60’s and 70’s, feel free to share favorite story subjects, pictures, or advertisements.

April_1969

April_1966

COMMENTS

1. Chad Warren

I think these magazines need to be taken a little more seriously for their long term value. I’m a 38 year old man and I hated seing these magazines strewn about the kitchen bar as a kid along with other things of my Mom’s taste like potpourri in the bathroom but now that its just robots and de-humanization as the future progresses there is nothing warmer than these romantic images. Ever since computers made everything crisp the soul of humanity just vaporized it seems to me. Hey, I’m looking for images of Hot Springs’ Mid-America Museum supposedly on 4 pages in the January 1980 issue if you’d recommend a good source. Thanks for your work.

November 6, 2014 at 8:01 pm
  2. Ralph Hollis

Three friends and I were on the cover of Southern Living in the early 70’s at the Pine Hurst Country club.
    I have been trying to find a copy of the cover photo but have been unable to do so.
    Can anyone help??

December 9, 2011 at 7:57 pm
  3. Fire Detection

I like the way they keep this magazine covers is nice to ook back at them now in these days and just compare the clothes and the hairdo’s very nice keep posting more about this i want to know more thanks.

March 24, 2011 at 9:01 am
  4. air max shoes

thank you for your good service!i will do the order again.

December 5, 2010 at 3:00 am
  5. Sandy Moran

I am wondering if there is any way I can get a copy of your magazine dating around 1993 or 1994 featuring a story
    about The Coca-Cola Farm in Bay St. Louis owned by Dick Thomson. At the time my husband was the care taker of the farm, and made the farm what it was. “Beautiful”. I had a copy, but lost it during Hurricane Katrina in 2005. In fact I lost everything!!!
    I would love to have a copy if
    possible.

February 28, 2009 at 2:37 pm
  6. barbecutie

I guess there is a reason Southern Living stopped putting people on the covers years ago. That is hilarious.

February 12, 2009 at 4:28 pm