Coming Monday! The World’s 6 Greatest Plants! Don’t Miss It!

April 16, 2009 | By | Comments (7)

Grumpians, a once-in-a-lifetime event is going to happen next week! And you have the extraordinary opportunity to take part! Next Monday, famous and talented garden bloggers from around the country — including that warm, little fuzzball, moi — will all reveal “The Six Plants I Can’t Live Without.”

After revealing my brilliant, obvious, yet sensitive choices, I will link to bloggers from California, Massachusetts, Florida, Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, and other diverse locations who are writing on the same topic, so you can see what plants people from different parts of  the country consider absolutely essential. These bloggers will then link to me, so that literally millions of people will be able to discover the Grump’s wit, wisdom, and unfathomable humility for the very first time!

You, of course, may disagree with our choices (although I have to tell you in all sincerity that the Grump is never wrong). So post and tell us what favorite plants of yours that we missed.

What plants will my list include?

• Uganda’s man-eating marigold?
  • ‘Golden Flounder,’ the world’s only apple that tastes like fish?
  • The irresponsible risk vine (Greedus bankus) that slithers its way through every corner of Wall Street and brings our economy to its knees?

Log on to The Grumpy Gardener next Monday, April 20, and find out!!!

COMMENTS

1. Frances

Can’t wait! Hope someone from Tennessee puts their choices out there too. :-)
    Frances

April 16, 2009 at 8:37 am
  2. Grumpy Gardener

I think you can count on it. The Grump is very thorough.

April 16, 2009 at 8:43 am
  3. Abraham Lincoln

What’s up for SW Ohio, around the Dayton area on I-70 at Brookville? Love to plant things that come up each year and that are, in some meaningful way, valued by wildlife, including bugs of all kinds. I am in a small town and have a fenced backyard (6′ high) and enjoy and welcome everything that gets in and mybirdsblog.blogspot.com has some of the birds I see.
    I love your blog.

April 18, 2009 at 7:17 am
  4. Molly

Looking forward to the article!

April 18, 2009 at 9:00 am
  5. Grumpy Gardener

Gosh, Abe, I’ve always admired you as a President and statesman, but was under the impression that you were entombed. Now I see that you’ve moved from Springield, IL to Dayton, OH. I hope you took advantage of falling housing prices.

April 18, 2009 at 9:40 am
  6. Diana

Where can I locate the “Henna” coleus? It would be great if gardening writers would tell us how to find the lovely plants that they recommend (hint, hint).

May 13, 2009 at 5:39 am
  7. Grumpy Gardener

Sorry you’re having so much trouble, but we have no power over what garden centers stock. The plants we highlighted aren’t rare. Fortunately, ‘Henna’ coleus is available by mail-order from White Flower Farm. Here’s a link:(http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/71352-product.html).

May 13, 2009 at 4:55 pm