Three Clean Hotels and One Dirty List

Tbird_marfa

Tripadvisor.com published their top 10 dirtiest hotels this week. Talk about bad press. I don’t even own a hotel and I was nervous clicking through the unlucky list. Hopefully this roadtrip democracy will push these (and other) properties to clean up fast. In the mean time, being the optimist, I am giving a shout-out to three hotels/motels/inns that stand out for their freshness, even if spartanly decorated. (Everyone expects the Ritz to be spotless.) So, today’s top three brought to you by Mr. Clean…

1) Thunderbird Hotel, Marfa TX. I’ve mentioned it before on this blog, but I never spoke up about its cleanly factor. (I’ll never mention a hotel/motel period if it’s gross.) Thinking back, it really was very pristine, partly because the bathrooms are white-white-white. Tiles. Counters. Tub. Towels.¬†Shower curtain. Even the tiny bottles of fancy shampoo – white. I love it. Something about being out in the Big Bend makes me feel like I have a blank slate. Cheers to you, T-bird.

2) The Ivey House Bed and Breakfast, Everglades City FL. This one is the underdog winner. A hotel this far into the swaths of south Florida has a really really big disadvantage in the cleanliness department. A chilly day here is 89. Shoes mildew overnight. But the fine folks at Ivey do a splendid job providing the basics. Throw in the screened-in pool -  I am sold.

3) The Ellis Hotel, Atlanta GA. I wrote up this historic spot in our October story about cheap stays that feel like luxury. (If you play your web specials right, you can score a room for $99.) What I didn’t say was how groomed the property felt. For all I knew, they’d done a massive deep-clean of the whole hotel the day before. It smelled like a brand new fleece.

PS If you have any This-Is-So-Clean glory stories about hotels, send them my way.

COMMENTS

1. metro ethernet

This is so important to know hwere you staying at is not just the value of the place but the quality of the services you get and with this blog it show us options in the best desision to take when you deside to stay at one of this places, very nice i really like all the information.

March 18, 2011 at 12:03 pm
  2. Brian

I am having the same problem as bnycastro. Everything appears to be fine, but it is not showing up. What is even stranger is that I have another blog with the same Minima template base, and it installed just fine.

February 24, 2011 at 7:57 pm
  3. miami air conditioning

I just don’t want to click the link to find out the top 10..
    But I must say the Thunderbird Hotel is absolutly spotless I love staying at that hotel, because of all the white..

February 19, 2011 at 6:46 pm
  4. Sawyer@Michigan Getaways

The screened in pools are nice. You still get the warm fresh air, but are also able to avoid the mosquitoes.

February 2, 2011 at 3:40 pm
  5. jordan 12

A single of your foremost differences among a site in addition to a static website is the way individuals are able to interact along with your articles. Using a static web-site it can be just individuals reading words on a page. If you possess a weblog they’ll explore and even comment back again! You ought to get that type of interactive spirit going so it is possible to generate a loyal readership along with your blog.

October 24, 2010 at 9:45 pm
  6. Reserve It Now Rentals

Wouldn’t want to be on TripAdvisors naughty list that’s for sure.

September 23, 2010 at 3:29 pm
  7. Melissa

A visit to the Thunderbird Hotel in Marfa might also include Marfa’s Mystery Lights – fascinating!
    And a nearby stop in Ft. Davis may provide an interesting exploration of history, unique geological features, and the McDonald Observatory (try visiting during clear weather for best visibility – this observatory has been one of my most memoriable trips!).

April 3, 2010 at 12:19 pm