Just because summer is almost over doesn’t mean the vacations have to be. We got the scoop on the best deals around the South to help make your trip-planning a little easier (and cheaper!) Here are the deals that have us ready to pack our bags this week.
* Contact hotels for restrictions
Deals This Month
Orlando, FL — August 7- October 1 (must book by August 31)
The best part of big hotel adding a new splashy feature to its amenities is getting to stay at said hotel for $89 a night. To celebrate the opening of its new R Aqua Zone water playground (big slides, tot pools, water jets), Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld is offering guests the “Splash & Stay” package with a flat rate of $89, and free meals for kids throughout your stay. As the official hotel for Sea World, guests get early-entry to the park on select days, and skip-the-line access to rides and attractions.
To book, visit RenOrlando.com and use the rate code SUM or call 800/327-6677 and request the “Splash & Stay” package.
“Rein in the Summer” Package at Trump International Resort
Sunny Isles Beach, FL (now- October 2)
It’s said Miami’s beaches are fun rain or shine, and Trump is making sure that’s the case. The hotel’s “Rein in the Summer” package starts at $236 per night and includes 20% savings on travel through October 2, and two package options depending on the weather.
WHEN IT SHINES you get:
- A kids’ welcome beach bag with two pairs of swimming goggles, two oversized sand buckets and two Super Soakers
- Two complimentary pool-side cocktails
- A bottle of SPF 30
- Daily access to Planet Kids — a kids’ club with a curriculum of “Enviro-Adventure” activities
IF IT RAINS you get:
- Spacious deluxe, family-friendly accommodations
- Complimentary in-room movie with candy and popcorn
- Complimentary in-room video games.
For reservations call 855/396-6198 or visit TrumpMiami.com.
“No Negotiation’s Necessary” Package at Sagamore, The Art Hotel
South Beach, FL August 15 – September 30 (must book by August 15)
Miami Beach’s Sagamore, The Art Hotel celebrates the lifting of the NFL lockout by locking down a great deal for guests traveling August 15 – September 30. The “No Negotiations Necessary” package includes: 15% off room rates on bungalows, the penthouse, and oceanfront suites; 25% off food and drinks; and a poolside bucket of ice-cold beer.
To book call 877/242-6673 and ask for the “No Negotiations Necessary.” For more information on the Sagamore Hotel visit www.SagamoreHotel.com.
“The Help Experience” Package at the Fairview Inn
Jackson, MS (running now through November)
“The Help Experience” Package includes: One night’s accommodations at the Fairview Inn; mint juleps upon arrival (sweet!); a gourmet Southern dinner for two at the property’s Sophia’s Restaurant; and a The Help welcome basket, including items related to the novel — playing cards with accompanying how-to book on bridge, old-fashioned bottled coke, peanuts, Mississippi cheese straws, and a self-guided driving tour of Jackson highlighting landmarks from the novel.
Great Southern Tailgate Cook-Off island-wide discounts
Amelia Island, FL August 26-27
Barbecue sign; photo courtesy The Second Annual Great Southern Tailgate Cook-Off
To coincide with its Second Annual Great Southern Tailgate Cookoff (saucy barbecue dishes, live music, sandy toes — yes please!), August 26-27, the Amelia Island Convention & Visitor’s Bureau partnered with some of the area’s hotels to offer lodging discounts and packages.
• Amelia Hotel at the Beach — standard rooms for $89 per night, August 25-28. The rate is only available through phone reservations, using booking code “COOK.” Rate includes free parking and free breakfast daily. AmeliaHotel.com
• Elizabeth Pointe Lodge — Walking distance from the event, the inn’s Cookoff Package includes the Sunset guest room for two nights, bike rental for two, hors d’oeuvres reception each evening, breakfast each morning, newspaper, Wi-Fi, beach equipment, and parking. ElizabethPointeLodge.com
• Residence Inn, Amelia Island — The official host hotel of the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off offering rates starting at $109 per night. Must mention ‘Tailgate Cookoff’ to get the rate. ResidenceInnAmeliaIsland.com
• Addison on Amelia: a free night on reservations of four nights or more; or enjoy Weekends For Weekdays special rates during the Cookoff, saving $80 on a Friday and Saturday night visits. AddisonOnAmelia.com
*Prices do not include tax and are based on availability. Contact each hotel for reservations and any restrictions.
Looking Ahead: September
Addison, TX September 15 – 18
Just outside of Dallas, this culinary town beefs up its German festivities with authentic music, food, yodeling contests, a German spelling bee (practice gemutlichkeit), and plenty o’ beer. During the three-day Addison Oktoberfest celebration, September 15-18, the town is offering “Spend the Night In Addison“ package for $37, including discounted room rates at participating hotels, two tickets to Oktoberfest; $10 in “Tasty Bucks,” good for food and drinks; and a commemorative beer stein.
For a full list of participating hotels and rates visit addisontexas.net, or call 800/233-4766
Take a Joy Ride in a BMW at the Ritz-Carlton Charlotte
Charlotte, NC (September 18 – October 24)
From September 18 to October 24, guests of the Ritz-Carlton Charlotte get to borrow a BMW from the manufacturer’s new line for a three-hour ride. Loaners are given out to guests on a first-come-first-serve basis, and the program is part of The Ritz-Carlton BMW Driving Tour.
To book a room visit ritzcarlton.com or call 800/241-3333
Looking Ahead: October
“Pirate Plunder in Paradise” Package at the Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront
Savannah, GA (October 6-9)
The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront is offering the “Pirate Plunder in Paradise” package starting at $669 for the first night and $296 for the remaining two nights, during the Tybee Pirate Festival, October 6 – 9, 2011. Rates include luxurious accommodations, a carriage ride around historic downtown, dinner and breakfast for two guests at the on-site Rocks on the River restaurant, and valet parking. Adults also get a bottle of chilled champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries.
*Shuttle to Tybee departs daily from Visitor’s Center at 10:00 a.m., returning at 5:30 p.m. Roundtrip is $6.00 per person.
For more information visit BohemianHotelSavannah.com or call 912/721-3800 or toll-free 888/213-4024.