Chef Craig Noone of Parlor Market in Jackson, MS Passes

October 14, 2011 | By | Comments (14)

2002801_BiteB0488Chef Craig Noone at Parlor Market in August

We at Southern Living were saddened to hear of the passing of Craig Noone, 32, executive chef and owner of the Parlor Market restaurant in Jackson, Mississippi (featured in the November issue of Southern Living), on Friday, October 14.

A Jackson native, Craig attended Jackson Academy before receiving a business degree from Mississippi College and studying with the Texas Culinary Academy’s Le Cordon Bleu program. After working as a chef in restaurants in Italy, New Orleans, Dallas, and Atlanta, Craig returned home and opened Parlor Market in downtown Jackson last September.

Craig opened the restaurant in a historic 1898 building on West Capitol Street that had housed (among other businesses) a meat market, grocery store, lumber company, and the offices of the Dixie Marble Company.  Wanting to honor that past, Craig researched the building’s history at the Mississippi Department of Archives while planning the restaurant, and later incorporated elements of the former occupants such as a marble-counter oyster bar, and reclaimed wood in the hostess station and furnishings.

He also used elements of the city’s culinary past in a changing menu that featured tamales and house-made kibbeh, as well as innovative twists on Southern specialties such as Mississippi rabbit roulade with glazed heirloom carrots and lemon lentils.

That combination of local history and classic cuisine made Parlor Market one of the city’s most popular restaurants. As Craig said shortly after his restaurant opened, “we’re not just trying to do good food here. We’re trying to bring back some of the history of downtown Jackson.”

- James T. Black; photo: Chris M. Rogers

COMMENTS

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWZomlaZgCI

It is even more ideal that the attorney has represented clients against the same insurance company
    before. Some prefer a conventional professional fee that can mainly rely on how complex the case is.
    It is also possible for people to request information about the success rate of the attorney in handling cases related to car accidents.

July 21, 2014 at 6:52 am
  2. Doris

Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer has been fighting for the rights of injured people for well from many years.
    Injury attorneys are lawyers that actually work to relieve the stress of the hard time by recovering
    compensation for the injury. In order to know about personal injuries claims it is important
    to know about the legality of the claim and the ways in which
    the compensation is paid to the injured party.

June 21, 2014 at 11:51 pm
  3. car accident lawyer

Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer has been fighting for the
    rights of injured people for well from many years. If you don’t know
    or can’t meet legal professionals, go hang out at the local courthouse.
    Typically, this could cover bites by domesticated animals such as dogs,
    ferrets, cats and even birds.

June 18, 2014 at 8:15 pm
  4. Andi Smidth

My deepest condolences to the family. May his good soul rest in peace. It is never easy to lose a loved one but finding people who is going through the same thing could help a bit. I thought I’d share this site as it helped me get through a similar predicament when I lost someone very dear to me.

July 11, 2012 at 3:33 pm
  5. casinobonuscity

I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. I think you spend numerous effort and time updating your site. I have bookmarked it and I am taking a look ahead to reading new articles. Please keep up the good articles!

May 17, 2012 at 5:37 am
  6. personal injury lawyer las vegas

He has accomplished a lot during the time he was alive. He also had a lot of contribution to society that it will surely be missed now that he is gone.

May 1, 2012 at 2:34 pm
  7. ювелирный интернет магазин

I have lost all day searching for some articles about this. I wish I knew of this site earlier, it was a fantastic read and really helped me out.

February 4, 2012 at 2:19 am
  8. los angeles personal injury attorney

At least his contributions were remembered. He could have more achievements.

January 17, 2012 at 3:49 am
  9. car accident lawyer los angeles

I agree, he will forever be reminded of his contributions long after we finish mourning his loss.

January 5, 2012 at 1:02 am
  10. car accident lawyer orlando

He will always be remembered for his creations long after he is gone. His passing is mourned by many.

January 5, 2012 at 12:13 am
  11. car accident lawyer orlando

My deepest condolences to his friends and family. Did he die of a car crash?

January 5, 2012 at 12:11 am
  12. clean my credit report

My sincerest condolonce to the loved one of the greatest chef in Mississippi.

October 21, 2011 at 3:29 am
  13. Andy Wilson

I am the owner and general manager of Underground 119, I was proud to be apart of this article for Souther Living with Craig. He was a good friend, an innovator, a pioneer for Downtown Jackson, Mississippi cuisine and he will be sorely missed.

October 20, 2011 at 4:07 pm
  14. Carrie Valentine

My husband and I were at Parlor Market during the Southern Living photo shoot. We were just passing by, having had lunch their earlier that day, and seeing Craig, congratulated him on his photo shoot. He invited us in to watch and participate in the shoot. He was so kind, so welcoming. He felt like a friend even though we had just met. My husband and I were so impressed with everything about him and his restaurant. We were devastated when we heard the news. I know he will truly be missed. He was a gift to Mississippi.

October 17, 2011 at 9:58 am