It’s no surprise that the hosts of Tide & Tigers Today like to joke around. Radio personality Paul Finebaum, and Fox 6 Sports Director Rick Karle are the funniest duo on TV come game-day in Sweet Home Alabama. Look for a new segment this season, where I’ll share tailgating recipes and tips from Southern Living’s Official SEC Tailgating Cookbook. To give you an idea of what to expect, think Southern Living meets the Three Stooges.
These two shared some short and sweet thoughts on fall Saturdays in the South the last time I was in the studio with them. Here’s what they had to say:
1. Do you have any superstitions you practice before or the day of a football game?
Rick: Staying away from Finebaum.
2. It isn’t an SEC game day unless…
Paul: Alabama’s playing.
Rick: The smell of BBQ is in the air and the marching band’s playing.
3. What team do you just want to clobber on the field?
Paul: Notre Dame
Rick: The TV station down the road.
4. What’s your favorite Southern food?
Paul: My mother’s fried chicken.
Rick: Grease…and fried chicken.
5. Who is the greatest football player, coach, or icon of all time from a Southern school?
Paul: Bear Bryant
Rick: Coach Bryant
- Vote for your alma mater in The South’s Best Tailgate
- Get your copy of Southern Living’s Official SEC Tailgating Cookbook
- Football Team Inspired Tailgating Dishes
- Themed Spritzers for your SEC Tailgate