Just in time for Halloween, I’m deep-frying candy corn. You’ll be the most popular house on the block if you pass out these treats!
Deep-Fried Candy Corn
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup candy corn, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup corn flakes
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
1. Stir together baking mix and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Stir in candy corn and corn flakes.
2. Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat over medium heat to 350°. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into hot oil; fry in batches, 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until done. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Watch how to make this simply irresistible treat:
Check back next Friday to see what else our Test Kitchen throws in the deep fryer. And to see our past videos, go to SouthernLiving.com/fry.