It’s upon us this weekend in Jacksonville, FL as the Florida Gators match up against the Georgia Bulldogs. Can’t be there in person? Plan to host your own cocktail party and start by welcoming guests with a team-specific drinks and appetizers.
We’re also inviting you to take a peak at our SEC tailgating playbook for signature menus filled with plenty of delicious fanfare for every team.
Florida Flojito Spritzer
Muddle 5 cucumber slices, 4 lime wedges, 2 Tbsp. turbinado sugar, and 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice in a 10-oz. glass. Fill glass with crushed ice, and top with seltzer water or club soda. Gently stir. Garnish with a cucumber slice.
Gator Bait Salsa & Chips
- 1/4 medium-size sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, quartered
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 pounds tomatoes
- 1 lime
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Tortilla chips
1. Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Cut each tomato into 4 pieces. Cut core away from each piece; discard core. Add tomatoes to food processor in batches, and pulse each batch until well blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Squeeze juice from lime over salsa, and stir in salt. Serve with chips.
Georgia Peach Spritzer
Muddle 1/2 fresh peach, peeled; 3 mint leaves; 2 Tbsp. turbinado sugar; and 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice in a 10-oz. glass. Fill glass with crushed ice, and top with seltzer water or club soda. Gently stir. Garnish with peach wedges and fresh mint.
Hot Spiced Boiled Peanuts
- 2 pounds raw peanuts in the shell
- 1/3 cup salt
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
1. Bring all ingredients and 1 gal. water to a boil in a stockpot over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 hours or until peanuts are tender. Add water as needed to keep peanuts covered.
2. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 1 hour.
Let us know what you’re bringing to the party, and may the best food match up win.