Introducing Interior Canvas!

November 20, 2012 | By | Comments (15)
Interior Canvas

Anna-Kristin (left) and Cameron (right) / Courtesy of Interior Canvas

Company is coming to Dixie Chic! We are delighted to introduce you to Anna-Kristin Yarbrough and Cameron Weaver our talented friends behind the Nashville-based blog, Interior Canvas. We tapped them to guest blog about our 2013 Southern Living Idea House, also based in Nashville.

Anna-Kristin and Cameron will tag along with the amazing team we’ve assembled (designer, Phoebe Howard, architect, Historical Concepts, and landscape architect, Page Duke, builder, Castle Homes) and deliver progress reports filled with the inside scoop — construction updates, decorating, and maybe even a little drama — that’s happening with the house.  Before we let them take the reins on Idea House reporting, we thought you’d enjoy a nicemeet and greet with Anna-Kristin and Cameron.

Southern roots: Nashville (Anna-Kristin) and Dallas (Cameron)
Blogger goal: Lovers of all things related to beautiful homes, Interior Canvas sets out to raise awareness of designers and decorating shops – ensuring that busy moms and girls-on-the-go have a place to access all things design related.
They have serious pre-blog life style cred… Anna Kristin sold residential real-estate and worked in an estate sales business. Cameron worked in the French Decorative Arts division of Christie’s Auction House in Paris.
Each has distinctive tastes… Anna Kristin is a traditionalist who prefers a neutral palette for her 1920s Tudor home that’s full of quirk and charm. In Cameron’s English-style stone cottage, she mixes French antiques with modern pieces and plays with unexpected color combinations.
And both look to different style icons: Anna Kristin loves Bunny Williams, David Kleinberg, Jonathan Adler, and Phoebe Howard. Cameron is inspired by Elsie de Wolfe, Audrey Hepburn, Aerin Lauder, and Kelly Wearstler.
Recommended blog reads: Nest Egg, Pink Wallpaper, Chinoiserie Chic, The Sartorialist, Mrs. Howard Personal Shopper, The Little Green Notebook, and Apartment Therapy.
Top places to shop in Nashville…You have to click over to Interior Canvas to see the latest and greatest gem they’ve discovered. But, don’t forget to come back here for their 2013 Southern Living Idea House updates.

Tell us! What do you want to know most about the Idea House! Want to meet the team? Get design tips? Let us know!

COMMENTS

1. Juanita N. Coldiron

I have always enjoyed finding new ways to set our table for the festive meals at Thanksgiving and Christmas and find good ideas in magazines.This year I will use angel figures from my collection on the center of the table with hurricane lamps with white candles on either end centered on a handcrafted runner of red and white. The lovely Ballard plates with the fern design would be just the ticket (as my Dad used to say) to bring a homey, festive and cheery mood to make the meal perfect. Juanita Coldiron

December 6, 2012 at 8:35 pm
  2. Elaine Simon

After visiting the Southern LIving Idea House in Senoia, Ga., just a few weeks ago, I was thrilled to read that the one next year will be in Nashville – the home of my youngest son and his wife!. The Holiday Branch dinnerware is beautiful and I would love to have it on my Christmas table for our family to enjoy!

December 6, 2012 at 3:31 pm
  3. Deb Bates

My husband and relocated to the South 3 years ago after many, many, many Michigan winters. It took some creativity to decorate our home for the holidays while maintaining our love for warm, sunny, tropical days. Our large, steel and glass, dining table is layered with a crisp white runner, accented with wide lengths of lime green ribbon. The center of the table holds 3 small cedar and cypress trees (2 purchased locally and 1 removed from our yard), potted in large silver vases. On our walks we searched for treasured pine cones and thin tree branches which we spray painted bright Metallic Silver and arranged around the base of the vases. The final layer consists of re-purposed gourds from Thanksgiving, now shining with a coat of Metallic Silver. The Holiday Branch dinnerware would beautifully complete our table, the classy branch design integrating with the “live” plants. Additional silver pine cones would be set beside each place setting, holding a small hand written card sharing the sentiments “Family”, “Blessings”, “Joy”, and “Peace”,

December 5, 2012 at 12:08 pm
  4. Nancy Hickman McNulty

We are thrilled Anna-Kristin and Cameron are the guest bloggers for the 2013 Southern Living Idea House! I had the pleasure of meeting them at the ground breaking at Fontanel and we know they will do an awesome job! The 2013 builder, Castle Homes, is busy at work & follow the build via http://www.castlehomes.com or on the Castle Homes Facebook page!

November 28, 2012 at 5:05 pm
  5. Marie Carman

I live in South Carolina in a wooded area.
    I love the pine design on the dinnerware, it would go lovely on my didning table Christmas Day with my family all around, and a fire in the fireplace.
    Marie

November 28, 2012 at 9:00 am
  6. charlotte dewberry

Setting an elegant table is my passion and gift to friends and family.Years ago I purchased red glassware as I could afford it.What a complement to the botanical dinnerware-the red, green ,and white of the holidays! Can you see it: a dream table with the holiday dinnerware, red glasses,silver flatware from the past nestled in natural greenery and red berries! Simplicity with sparkle. Everyone will feel their specialness!

November 27, 2012 at 11:28 am
  7. Deborah

I think these dishes would look lovely on a gold tablecloth and red charger plates. I would use my Tiffany crystal candleholders, red candles, and have a bouquet of fresh red and white flowers.

November 27, 2012 at 10:35 am
  8. Christine Weiland

In 1982, I had my 1 year old sons picture taken at our local photographer. It happened to be the same photographer that took my picture when I was 1. I come from a family of 9, of which I am #7. My mother had my younger brothers picture taken when he was 1 also but she couldn’t afford to have them made, and it got forgotten over the years. She asked me to ask the photographer if he still had the proofs, and he did. She had his picture made.
    She decided to give it to him for Christmas that year. My brother and his wife had just had their first child 1 month before and I sat on the floor at my parents home with them while he opened his picture. He was so thrilled, his comment was “I didn’t know this existed”. We all shed a few tears, the timing couldn’t have been more prefect. I’ll always remember that special moment we had together.

November 27, 2012 at 10:29 am
  9. Kandace L. Lynn

I operate a small two bedroom bed and breakfast in the “Northwoods” of Wisconsin. My favorite time of year to decorate is the holidays, so every year I try to find items that will adorn the morning breakfast table at this special time of year. These dishes are simple yet elegant and would definitely highlight the many yummy and unique breakfast foods I serve my guests. I would envision using these atop a red charger with lots of Christmas color everywhere.

November 27, 2012 at 10:26 am
  10. Linda J. Kelley

I am an outdoors lover and these dishes epitomize my love of greenery. So much nicer than tacky snowmen and santas!!!!!

November 27, 2012 at 10:12 am
  11. Barbara Hart

As I gazed at the beautiful Christmas decorated dining table with the Southern Living Holiday Branch Dinnerware on it I could imagine it being in my little Kentucky home. I have never been able to afford any thing as beautiful and lovely! I really liked the different kinds and types of candle sticks. I love candles during this wonderful holiday season. It seems to bring a wonderful warm feeling into my home. These lovely dishes would be such an added addition to the antique dining table that belonged to my grandmother. You can imagine with me sitting the candle lite room, eating a Southern Living meal with family looking out our large windows at the deer ad squirrels on a wintery Christmas day with the lovely dishes being the main “center piece” to my meal! It would be such a blessing to win a set of the dining dishes.
    Barbara Hart

November 24, 2012 at 7:29 am
  12. Tamara Fanello

As I was flipping through the pages of my large stack of magazines and catalogs, tearing out recipes, home decorating ideas, etc.,I was drawn to the beautiful earthy, Christmas dinnerware in the Ballard Design catalog. I was envisioning how this design would be a perfect fit for our newly built rustic home. Well with the busyness of the upcoming holidays, the catalog was laid aside and was a mere thought in the back of my mind. This morning, actually Thanksgiving morning, I sat down to glance through my southern living magazine and right there in front of me is the same dinnerware, still beautiful, still catching my eye. So I just couldn’t pass up an opportunity to win this holiday dinnerware.

I would love to dress my holiday table with the Holiday Branch dinnerware for my family’s first Christmas season in our new home. I wouldn’t change a thing from the photo that first caught my eye in the Ballard Design catalog. I would include the same metal chargers and the earthy sage green table linens, they really bring it all together. No need to change perfection. Beautiful, just beautiful.

November 22, 2012 at 9:02 am
  13. Beth

What a great way for Southern Living Idea House to be covered locally by two very talented and beautiful young ladies! They will do a fabulous job with their creative insights!

November 21, 2012 at 9:32 am
  14. Libba

Anna Kristin and Cameron have such sytle savvy. Their blog is a huge asset to the Nashville community. We cannot wait to hear more about the Southern Living Idea House through Interior Camvas!

November 21, 2012 at 7:47 am
  15. Interior Canvas Partnership with the 2013 Southern Living Idea House : Interior Design Nashville – Interior Canvas

[…] Thank you, Southern Living, for giving us this opportunity!  We can’t wait to report on Nashville’s newest treasure in the upcoming months.  To learn more about Southern Living’s blog, The Daily South, and to read their announcement of this venture as well as their interview with Interior Canvas read here […]

November 20, 2012 at 7:59 pm