Weekend Must Do: The Nashville Antiques and Gardens Show

February 5, 2013 | By and | Comments (9)
Nashville Antiques Show

Photo Courtesy of AntiquesandGardensShow.com

Design junkies flock to the Nashville Antiques & Garden Show, February 8-10, to reap style tips and inspiration from some of the design world’s biggest names. The show—the largest of its kind in the country—hosts lectures from experts such as acclaimed decorator Bunny Williams, renown architect Gil Schafer, and famed florist Eileen Johnson (founder of New York’s FlowerSchool), in addition to 150 antique dealers selling estate jewels, oriental rugs, and vintage silver; and floral designers showing off large-scale arrangements.

This year’s theme “Be Inspired” is a tribute to the late decorating legend Albert Hadley who passed away in 2012. Albert was a Nashville native who went on to become a protégé and later a partner of legendary decorator, Sister Parish — the White House decorator for Jackie and JFK.  Albert’s own roster of clients included the Astor and Getty families, Oscar de La Renta, and fellow Nashvillians Tipper and Al Gore. “Hadley was instrumental in helping us grow the show,” says one of the show’s chairs, Dana Miller. “One of his biggest legacies was in mentoring and educating young people. We hope to honor that with this year’s event.”

For more information go to antiquesandgardenshow.com. $15 in advance or $20 for run-of-show tickets. Lectures tickets cost $50 and include price of admission.

COMMENTS

1. p38 can opener made in usa

This article is in fact a fastidious one it assists new
    the web viewers, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

May 12, 2013 at 3:33 pm
  2. carolwilliams24

Noted on this! I believe I’ll take a look at this place and probably I’ll have things that have my great interest to it… Cheers!
    LeLouvre-Antiques.com

February 8, 2013 at 12:48 pm
  3. judy

my favorite time in the kitchen is 6:00 am, thats my quiet time, just me an my coffee pot

February 6, 2013 at 3:21 am
  4. mary ann

my favorite time in the kitchen is when you have a new recipe to try. Love the kitchen turned upside down and being totally involved in the preparation of something new and how it will be received by the family.

February 5, 2013 at 8:59 pm
  5. Judith Mathis

I learned to cook with a cast iron skillet and a coffee can of bacon grease on the stove. Almost every Sunday morning my mom would use that skillet to fry chicken, venison, dove, catfish, beef steak etc for our Sunday lunch after church. It was delicious and I follow that tradition today.

February 5, 2013 at 7:51 pm
  6. Leah Agonofski

My favorite time in the kitchen is late night, or early morning, after midnight,anyway. That is when there are no distractions and I can do my baking. It is also the coolest time of the day so the heat of the oven helps heat my apartment. I get two for one, Cut down on my electric bill and deliver my baked goods at their peak of freshness.

February 5, 2013 at 6:43 pm
  7. Lois Levin

There isn’t any place to sign in for your contest.

February 5, 2013 at 6:31 pm
  8. Jerry Reap

Early morning – Me, my coffee and newspaper

February 5, 2013 at 5:54 pm
  9. Tracie

My favorite time to be in my kitchen is 3:00 p.m. I usually am in there starting the preparation of supper. When my family comes in about 5:00 p.m. we all sit together and enjoy my labor of love. We sit and talk about our day and just reconnect. I glance at the clock and realize time has flown by again – too fast!! Family time is really precious!

February 5, 2013 at 9:27 am