We’re Giving Away a Calphalon Bakeware Set & Rubbermaid Storage Containers

February 6, 2013 | By and | Comments (631)

calphalon bakeware rubbermaid food storage m Were Giving Away a Calphalon Bakeware Set & Rubbermaid Storage ContainersCould you ever turn down shiny new of pans for all of your baking recipes? Or can you ever have too many containers to store all those cookies and brownies? We didn’t think so.

Neither did our friends at Calphalon and Rubbermaid who are giving away the $49.99 5-piece, Non-Stick Bakeware Set (includes 1- 6 Cup Muffin Pan, 1-
12″x17″ Baking Sheet, 1-Medium Loaf Pan, and 2- 9″ Round Cake Pans) and the $17.99 12-piece Premier Storage Container Set.

In order to win tell us what’s your happiest baking moment and why? The answer that charms our judges takes home the pans and storage containers.

The contest begins February 1st and ends February 28th. Click here for official rules.

calphalon accucore 10 piece cookware set s Were Giving Away a Calphalon Bakeware Set & Rubbermaid Storage ContainersFind out what we’re giving away tomorrow, and enter to win all the other prizes being given away this month!

COMMENTS

1. Kayla Diedrich

Growing up, I remember vividly all of the different times that I would go to my Granmother’s and watch and try to help her cook. She used to cook/bake for harvest, which of course means a lot of food for hungry men! I remember all of the great food she made, but most remember her homemade white bread. She would make multiple batches daily, without a recipe, and then turn it into cinnamon rolls, kolaches, bread loaves, and dinner rolls. Her bread recipe is something that I have never been able to duplicate regardless how hard I try! When I was married late last year, my sister’s put together a recipe book made up of family recipes from my childhood, it was great. In the book I found my grandmother has written her bread recipe on a recipe card in her beautiful cursive. I gave it a try, and finally made bread that was comparable to hers! I can’t say it was as good as her original, but I was so proud to have finally made her famous bread. Definitely a great moment!

February 7, 2013 at 10:21 am
  2. skipthelaundry

Baking peanut butter cookies with my two small kids while we were snowed in for the day. I let them do most of the work and they felt so grown up!

February 7, 2013 at 10:16 am
  3. Eleanor Holcombe

My favorite baking memory was when I was making Hummingbird Cake for my husband’s birthday. The cakes were in the oven and I was starting the icing. My then 4 year old son asked what I was doing and I said “I am making the icing for Daddy’s cake.” He said, “Surprising.” I am not sure he had ever seen me ice a cake that it didn’t come out of the can. It still makes me smile!

February 7, 2013 at 9:44 am
  4. james owen

I am going to say emerial down in New Orleans cause WOW i love the food there.Jim Owen

February 7, 2013 at 9:24 am
  5. Denise Soloko

My happiest moments of baking were with my mother who is gone now. Every Christmas, she would do a lot of baking. Cookies, candy and all kinds of goodies. It was always so much fun to bake with her and she always let my sister and I help.
    What I would give to have just 1 more day of baking with her!

February 7, 2013 at 9:11 am
  6. Amber

Growing up we didn’t have a whole lot of money. One year some friends of mine got an easy bake oven. My sister and I thought it was the coolest thing ever, but it was just not in the budget for us to have one of our own. Last year my daughter received her very own Easy Bake Oven from Santa for Christmas. Getting to make that first little chocolate cake with her and watching the excitement in her eyes was my favorite baking moment to date!

February 7, 2013 at 9:11 am
  7. Margaret Smith

My happiest baking moment is when my kids bake along with me. We put on music and we each have our own apron and we work together. I love how the kids open up and tell me stories about school and their friends. We really have fun.

February 7, 2013 at 9:10 am
  8. Andrea Heath

my favorite bake moment are with my 7 year old. my other kids are adult and when i found out i was pregnant at 40 i was happy and sad now that she is old enough i have the chance to do all the things i did with my other kids again and it taste better with age and practice. we make mummy hot dogs confetti cupcakes its been a blast

February 7, 2013 at 9:10 am
  9. Charlotte McNichols

my favorite baking moment was New Years Eve of this year. I had invited friends over for dinner, fellowship and a movie. My friend, Dee has terminal cancer and she, her 5 year old daughter and I made a dessert pizza. It was so fun watching mom & daughter spreading cookie dough out for our pizza and then watching the 5 year old decorate it with fresh fruit when it was done.

February 7, 2013 at 8:58 am
  10. Karlene

My happiest baking moments were always with my Mom. She is no longer with us and as old as I am, those memories will always live with me and are so vivid in my mind.

February 7, 2013 at 8:33 am
  11. Cecilia Bridges

One of my most enjoyable cooking moments was baking cookies from scratch with my class at school. Most had never made cookies, their mother had only dropped premade ones on the pan. The kids were assisted by the principal and a few school board members.

February 7, 2013 at 8:29 am
  12. Joyce Hall

Joyce My happiest baking momenrs were making cookies after school when I was young. I would come home and my mother would ask me to make cookies for an afternoon snack for my younger brothers. It made me feel so grown up to hellp my mother.

February 7, 2013 at 8:24 am
  13. Jill in Atlanta

I get excited about baking at the birthdays of each of my kids. I let them choose anything they want for a birthday “cake.” One year my son wanted a caramel cake with caramel frosting. He also wanted it to be a robot cake. I wasn’t sure what a robot cake would look like to him, so I took out every baking pan I had, set them all on the floor and asked him to shaped them into a robot. One year the request was for an apple cobbler. Without engaging my brain, I tried to put birthday candles in the hot cobbler. We all ate wax that year!

February 7, 2013 at 8:14 am
  14. badof@comcast.net

Stop the emails, I don’t know how to make them stop

February 7, 2013 at 8:12 am
  15. Virginia Smith

I have recently retired from 20 years of service as a police officer in New York City. I always had a love for baked goodies. Now I have been baking everything my family and friends love; cookies, cakes, pies and even attempted to make that ooh so difficult pie to make a pecan pie. (LOL) I remember as a little girl my grandmother making birthday cakes from scratch and letting me have the honors of licking the bowl. Now I let my 5 year old daughter enjoy the same pleasure. We spend countless time in the kitchen on Saturdays and Sundays making cookies and decorating them depending on the holiday or season we are in. Now it’s Valentines Day, so we are making heart shaped cookies and a heart shaped cake (red velvet of course). I sometimes get orders from friends for my specialty cakes for the holidays. They really enjoy my new of therapy (baking) because they get homemade treats which are always better then store brought.

February 7, 2013 at 8:00 am
  16. karen gibbs

A few Thanksgivings ago, my best friend and i were baking and getting ready for our Thanksgiving feast the next day. At one point, i looked out the window and was surprised to see a large flock of Turkeys coming out of the woods into my driveway. They silently filed out of the trees, pecked in the dirt for a while and then silently filed back into the woods again. What a treat! I have never seen that many in my yard again and it’s such a great memory that my friend and I share of that day.

February 7, 2013 at 7:59 am
  17. Nancy Shore

hard to choose one – for me baking is a great stress reliever, a way to show my friends and family I care about them… I love to bake. one of my great memories is making a rhubarb cake with my husband’s grandmother, learning the steps that weren’t on the recipe card (if you know what I mean), and replicating it at home. My husband said mine was as good as Grandma’s and that is high praise.

February 7, 2013 at 7:41 am
  18. Juli

I grew up baking Christmas cookies with my mom and when I moved to Ecuador as a Peace Corps Volunteer I wanted to share that tradition with my friends and “family” there. It was then that I realized how I took advantage of having ingredients, supplies, appliances, and packaging readily available in the U.S. I traveled to the supermarket in the capital city (about a 3 1/2 hour bus ride) for key ingredients, such as peanut butter and walnuts. Those alone put a huge dent in my monthly allowance. I returned to my little house in my little town and spent days baking. I must have made at least 6 different kinds of cookies in a makeshift oven, that is a big covered pot lined with bricks on top of table-top gas burners. You just stick your little pan inside, cover it, and it works like an oven. It took a long time to get through all of those batches! I wanted to package them too and I thought of Chinese take-out boxes. It turns out you can’t run to the craft store and buy Chinese take-out boxes in Pedro Vicente Maldonado, Ecuador. So I bought cardstock from the school/paper supply store in town and went to work creating my own. After many attempts, I created a pattern, cut out the card stock, assembled my boxes, and used sponges cut into Christmas shapes to paint and decorate each one. The final packages were both beautiful and delicious – at least in my memory. But most importantly, I was so incredibly delighted to be able to give back to the people who had welcomed me into their homes and families and given me so much.

February 7, 2013 at 7:35 am
  19. Emily Bell

Baking a German chocolate cake is usually a sign of a special event. I’ve always loved making one as a surprise, just to say “I love you”. Every day with your family is a great reason for a yummy treat!

February 7, 2013 at 7:31 am
  20. Kathy Conley

I remember at the age of 8 standing at my mothers side,learning to make biscuits the homemade way.

February 7, 2013 at 7:22 am
  21. Amy Kitting

My happy baking moments have to do with my mother. I am 53 years old and when I was young she bought me mini pans so I could bake with her. She was always patient and instilled in me a since of confidence and pure love of being in the kitchen with her children (all 5 of us). In turn, I have loves to bake with my children. My daughter who is a sophomore in college is the residents hall “baker”, making cupcakes for everyone. No matter their age, my children always have me wait to make the Christmas cookies until they have gotten home, so they can help.

February 7, 2013 at 6:56 am
  22. Gail

My happiest and most memorable baking moment was when I was a child making Sugar cookies with Grandma. She was so patient with our overdecorating with sprinkles and such. She made it so much fun to learn. I use the exact same recipe with my kids and we strive to make them just like she did and she taught me patience and that it is OK to sprinkle away!

February 7, 2013 at 6:14 am
  23. Ann Wright

When my son was young, we loved making gingerbread cookies together. Using almost every cutter we had, he loved seeing the different shapes appear. Some worked great (Christmas tree), others not so much (elf). Yet the discovery and decorating was always fun.

February 7, 2013 at 6:09 am
  24. Tracy

My happiest moment was teaching my 12 year old son how to bake chocolate chip cookies. He loved learning how to do things and was very exact in his measurements. If the mixer was to mix for 2 minutes, he was insistant that we do 2 minutes and not a second more! He was not like his mother, I tend to toss things in willy-nilly. He would level off the flour and pack the brown sugar like a champ. I have to say those were the best cookies I have ever had! They were so good, I had him make more for the local fair and he actually took 2nd place in the contest. I was so proud of him. He is now in charge of making all my chocolate chip cookies!

February 7, 2013 at 6:05 am
  25. Susan Gruener

My favorite baking moment involved my granddaughter Clara. She came over to Gramma and Grandpa’s house for her favorite thing to do – have a ‘sleepover’. That evening we made sugar cookies together and decorated them with sprinkles, colored sugar and frostings. We had so much fun together, and it is still one of my favorite times spent with Clara.

February 7, 2013 at 2:13 am
  26. sandy

teaching my kids to bake is a memory created everyday- when they see from start to finish, picking from the garden, watching yeast rise,–its all science, learning and math..cause and effect and lts of life skills rolled up into lots of fun..and teachng the 3min rule acc to my daughter. Its wonderful teaching the girls and boys life skills they will use throught life and take with them as well as healthy eating skills..so baking things with my kids the wonders of creatng and the fun of scarfing it down and the memories savored

February 7, 2013 at 1:52 am
  27. Lynne Wilburn

CANT FIND WHERE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST SO I HOPE IT IS ENTERED;

My happiest baking momment is each year for 40 years I have pulled out the same 5 little baking pans and made the pumpkin bread for friends and neighbors. I make at least 50 loaves each year and wrap them the same way each year. It just wouldnt be Chrstmas without my pumpkin bread. I have never been able to find duplicate pans to replace the old ones so I keep using the same old pans every year. At this point I dont think I could use any other pans for my pumpkin bread because I am too sentimental, but I sure would be happy to win all of the other new bakeware!

February 7, 2013 at 1:49 am
  28. Whitney

My happiest baking moment was making Sunday lunch with my mom. Every Sunday the pastor or guest speaker and their family would come over for lunch after church. Homemade bread, desserts, and great great food. This tradition has molded me into the cook I am today and when my sister and I bake my moms recipes I know she is looking down from heaven and smiling!

February 6, 2013 at 11:32 pm
  29. Molly Miller

My happiest baking moment was learning how to make cookies from scratch with my great-aunt. After my grandfather and father passed away a few years ago, I now have only two living relatives from my father’s side of the family. As we baked and my aunt gently poked fun at my lack of baking skills at 23 years old, I learned about my family history, life lessons, and a little about baking. It is a memory that I will treasure forever.

February 6, 2013 at 10:54 pm
  30. Pamela Murphy

My happiest baking memory was learning to bake with my Grandma. She always made the best cookies and treats for us. As I grew older and had grandchildren of my own, the first thing I asked her was to send me the family recipes that I had enjoyed so much. I now have those recipes to pass on to my own grandchildren along with the stories of when and how they came into our family. Thank you, Grandma!

February 6, 2013 at 10:51 pm
  31. Kristine P

My happiest baking memory is “baking” with my Grandmother. Now I must share that my Grandmother was great fun however she never was the cooking and baking grandmother type. To be honest there have been times she’s burned a pan while heating water. So our “baking” day turned into quite the comedy. We burned items and most didn’t turn out right, but we laughed so hard and had so much fun it was the best.

February 6, 2013 at 10:37 pm
  32. Elizabeth C.

My happiest baking moment was the time my sister and I were making a birthday cake from scratch for our dad. It’s our first time learning to bake and it was actually very easy. Taking the cake out and seeing how perfect it came out was the happiest baking moment ever.

February 6, 2013 at 10:24 pm
  33. Joanne La Puglia

Sure would like this bakeware mine has seen a lot of wear.

February 6, 2013 at 10:21 pm
  34. Shar

My most favorite time baking was with my sister! It was Christmas time and we were baking cookies at my Grandmothers…we were probably around 14 and 16, anyway, we were busy baking all afternoon and then we just got giddy! We started laughing and just couldn’t stop! Then the flour started flying and my Grandmother walked in and started playing with us! It was great..A wonderful day I’ll never forget!

February 6, 2013 at 10:21 pm
  35. Amber Afarin

My happiest baking moment is when i am making tasty Persian treats with my daughter and aunt. Anytime i am able to do so takes me back to when I was a child and my father would make a variety of Persian dishes that would fill our entire home with the wonderful smells of spices and the dishes that would make my mouth water and be absolute bliss when I finally would get to sit down with my father at the kitchen counter or table and enjoy eating them together while he would tell me stories of when he was a child and my grandmother would make similar things for him while telling him stories of when she was a girl.

February 6, 2013 at 10:13 pm
  36. Janet Rose

My happiest baking moment was making truffles that my future daughter-in-law asked me to make for her wedding favors!

February 6, 2013 at 9:58 pm
  37. Gayle

My most memorable baking moments are baking with my children when they were little.

February 6, 2013 at 9:52 pm
  38. Jenn H

When I was much younger my Mom and I would always bake up a storm around the Christmas holidays. At least 10 different items! I never seem to take the time to do any baking now. Those days make me long for a simpler time in life.

February 6, 2013 at 9:44 pm
  39. Phyllis Miller

My happiest baking moments are with my grandkids. When they come for Sunday dinner after we eat lunch, we usually bake something sweet. All the grandkids gather around the kitchen counter to help make the sweet dessert. I love the way they want to lick the bowls and the beaters. Reminds me of when I was a child baking with my mother.

February 6, 2013 at 9:44 pm
  40. Darlene E. Hohn

My most memorable baking moments are each and every one I had with my grandmother. I am 60 years old and still use some of her recipies that my grandfather typed for me over 40 years ago. I am now trying to fill her shoes with my granddaughter.

February 6, 2013 at 9:41 pm
  41. Tim Brown

making cookies with my gran

February 6, 2013 at 9:39 pm
  42. Dorothy Spain

For Thanksgiving one year, I made the Southern Living Chocolate Bourbon Pecan pie. Just taking it out of the oven was “intoxicating”, and it was delicious!

February 6, 2013 at 9:37 pm
  43. Janine Donoho

My happiest baking moment came during young motherhood when I made my son a jello cake–which turned out to be his perennial favorite.

February 6, 2013 at 9:35 pm
  44. Wanda

My happiest baking moment was my first Thanksgiving Dinner. I baked a turkey not really knowing how and it turned out perfect. Everyone who came gave me the best compliments.

February 6, 2013 at 9:27 pm
  45. Val F.

My happiest baking moment was completing my sister’s 3 tier wedding cake to rave reviews. We still talk about it today and I was such a novice!

February 6, 2013 at 9:26 pm
  46. Melissa Parker

Some of my happiest moments baking, were making my own children’s birthday cakes. They did not rival bakeries, but my kids thought they were special.

February 6, 2013 at 9:18 pm
  47. Susan H.

My best baking moment was when I was a new bride and my grandmother came to spend Christmas with us and taught me how to make the Christmas cakes she was famous for. She is in Heaven now…that was 38 years ago.

February 6, 2013 at 9:13 pm
  48. mamavalveeta03

My best memory is of baking Christmas cookies with my Grandma, who lived next door to me when I was growing up. Grandma never worried about the mess, like my mom did, and she’d even let me do most of the mixing and making of the cookies, my favorite thumb-print cookies. I can remember how warm her kitchen was, and the sweet smell of the cookies fresh from the oven. And how I had to learn to be patient and let them cool on her yellow formica table before I could put a little dollop of frosting in the “thumb-print” of each cookie. I know I licked my fingers between dollops, but Grandma didn’t mind!

February 6, 2013 at 9:12 pm
  49. Sarah Wiley

My happiest baking moment was baking cookies with my grandmother. We were the cookies queens. She would let me pick out the recipe from her recipe box. How I loved digging through her recipe box! We would make classic chocolate chip, snicker doodles, tea cakes and so many more. As we waited for the cookies to bake we would sing, dance, tell stories and share secrets. Oh I loved spending that time with her! Now that I’m an adult, I appreciate those special times so much more. The gift of her time and love will never be forgotten.

February 6, 2013 at 9:10 pm
  50. Tiffani

My happiest baking moment was when my 4 year daughter and I made a Chiffon Cake with Strawberries and Cream for her father for Father’s Day. I had never baked a cake like that before and she was so eager and excited to help. We shopped for the ingredients together and slaved over that cake all day. The cake was a bit dense and we didn’t have enough strawberries for the strawberries and cream but I was proud of our effort.

February 6, 2013 at 9:06 pm