We’re Giving Away a Kohler Farmhouse-Style Kitchen Sink

February 7, 2013 | By and | Comments (656)

kohler underhaven white sink m Were Giving Away a Kohler Farmhouse Style Kitchen SinkYes. It’s true we’re even giving away the kitchen sink (and yes – that pun was intended!). But not just any sink, this is Kohler’s Whitehaven sink.

It’s a roomy (3 feet wide!, apron-front, single-bowl that retails for $1090. Also, did you see it in our February issue? It’s in our own, Executive Editor Jessica Thuston’s kitchen makeover!

Interested in winning this sink? Let us know in the comments section below which famous Southern chef’s kitchen you would most like to visit and why.

The contest begins February 1st and ends February 28th. Click here for official rules.

calphalon accucore 10 piece cookware set s Were Giving Away a Kohler Farmhouse Style Kitchen SinkFind out what we’re giving away tomorrow, and enter to win all the other prizes being given away this month!

COMMENTS

1. Kimberly S.

I would LOVE to visit Paula Deen…she’s so funny and down to earth! Y’ALL……

February 7, 2013 at 10:24 pm
  2. Tricia Jackson Jones

Emeril would just be so much fun to hang out with!

February 7, 2013 at 10:15 pm
  3. Patricia

I would like to visit Chef John Besh’s kitchen. His cookbooks, My New Orleans and My Family Table are filled with great recipes, wonderful family photos, and a great sense of place. I’ve eaten at August, one of his restaurants in New Orleans, and it was fabulous.

February 7, 2013 at 10:11 pm
  4. Pamela Murphy

I would love to meet and eat with Paula Deen. She knows how to make cooking fun and is always so gracious to her guests.

February 7, 2013 at 10:10 pm
  5. carol

Rachel Ray. Rachel always has an interesting twist on an old favorite. She also makes cooking look fun and easy.

February 7, 2013 at 10:06 pm
  6. lmarie64

my favorite southern chef & the kitchen I would most like to visit has to be Paula D’s plus I love the lasagna pan

February 7, 2013 at 10:01 pm
  7. Juliana Mekstan Carpenter

I love Paula Deen’s kitchen.

February 7, 2013 at 9:59 pm
  8. brook

Emeril for sure. Everything he makes looks so good.

February 7, 2013 at 9:57 pm
  9. liz

Nathalie Dupree would have an interesting kitchen I think. Love her cooking.

February 7, 2013 at 9:56 pm
  10. terri weber

I think Paul Prudehomme would have an interesting kitchen. No one has ever seen his! His restaurant in N.O. had some of the best food I have ever eaten.

February 7, 2013 at 9:54 pm
  11. Erin Bressler

Alton Brown by far. He is a dork like myself and enjoys the SCIENCE of cooking as well.

February 7, 2013 at 9:52 pm
  12. Catherine Campbell

Paula Deen so I can go SOUTH!!!!

February 7, 2013 at 9:51 pm
  13. Tiffani

I would love to spend some time with the Neelys in their kitchen. Gina is so sassy and Pat is such a magnificent and doting spouse. I love watching their chemistry on the tv screen and would really enjoy watching their love for each other and cooking in person.

February 7, 2013 at 9:50 pm
  14. Valerie C.

Emeril! I love the recipes he makes and I have some of his cookbooks :)

February 7, 2013 at 9:38 pm
  15. Monette Skipper

I would like to visit paula deen, a good southern cook!

February 7, 2013 at 9:36 pm
  16. Kristin

Emeril! Laissez les bons temps rouler N’awlins style!

February 7, 2013 at 9:30 pm
  17. AlexisfromTexas

The question doesn’t specify that the chef must be alive, so my vote goes to Helen Corbitt, the Julia Childs of Dallas! She was the heart and visionary of the Zodiac Room at the original Neiman Marcus store downtown, bringing exotic dishes and experiences to my childhood. I cherish her many cookbooks and continue to use them some 50 years after they were lovingly written. Her charm is evident in every page. I love her stories and non-imposing approach to new tastes and techniques. I’m sure she would have had a wonderful career on television, but even without such a large platform, her work continues to inspire me. I know that she would love for me to win this gorgeous sink and think of her each time I use it!

February 7, 2013 at 9:29 pm
  18. Doris Marquis

Chef Frank Brigtsen of New Orleans. He’s been named one of the great chefs of New Orleans on a PBS show, and I’ve never experienced his food. Good food, great city, and PBS says he’s great…enough reasons for me!

February 7, 2013 at 9:28 pm
  19. Emily

I would love to visit Virginia Willis’ kitchen because she is as genuinely kind as she is talented, so it would be a lot of fun, plus I would love to learn some of her French technique and maybe learn how to do her caramel cake.

February 7, 2013 at 9:27 pm
  20. Melissa Parker

You can’t get much more Southern than Paula Dean!

February 7, 2013 at 9:27 pm
  21. Susan Parker

With so many people nominating Paula Deen’s kitchen, I was intrigued to research her new home kitchen. Her “dream kitchen” is beautifully decorated with the theme of an older Southern kitchen while built as a fully stocked professional kitchen. Paula incorporated the amenities from her restaurants along with room for several people to work in the kitchen at the same time. She also has an incredible pantry designed for accessibility. Paula states that she finally got her ideal kitchen. Paula has created her dream kitchen and I would love to visit it!

February 7, 2013 at 9:26 pm
  22. Suzanne

Emeril my favorite N’awlins Chef!

February 7, 2013 at 9:18 pm
  23. Ellen

Paula Deen, I love her personality and her passion in preparing delicious food! Maybe she could teach me a few cooking tips!

February 7, 2013 at 9:17 pm
  24. Carmen cellos

Actually an older well-known chef Justin Wilson. He had a TV show in the 70s and 80s. Cooks some real good Cajun and creole food. Plus he tells some really funny jokes. You’ll love is accent!

February 7, 2013 at 9:12 pm
  25. Penelope Mason

Frank Stitt of Highlands Bar and Grill, B’ham! Someone who has made southern cooking come alive! Can never hear enough about what he is doing. I think this sink is perfect for a revived old south kitchen!!

February 7, 2013 at 9:08 pm
  26. Barb Ryburn

I would love to visit Guy Fieri’s kitchen because that’s where the party is! It’s funky. His recipes are great. Cooking is part of the party and your guests are right there having a good time with you while you’re cooking.

February 7, 2013 at 9:07 pm
  27. Susan G.

Alton Brown’s kitchen has to be amazing! He has so much knowledge about food and how to prepare it! I would love to visit his kitchen!!! How fun and exciting would that be! He is great!

February 7, 2013 at 8:59 pm
  28. Sean Pynaert

I like Jessica Thuston’s because it’s roomy

February 7, 2013 at 8:55 pm
  29. Hollye Bright

Paula Deen because I would eat great and laugh!

February 7, 2013 at 8:54 pm
  30. Carrie Harrison

I would like to meet Paula Deen. I think she would be a trip to hang out with.

February 7, 2013 at 8:53 pm
  31. Shar

I would love to see Hugh Acheson’s kitchen. He’s a fantastic Chef and I respect his vision

February 7, 2013 at 8:43 pm
  32. Marje S

I would love to meet Paula Deen and learn some southern cooking first hand.

February 7, 2013 at 8:42 pm
  33. Tim Brown

Paula Deen love the way she talks

February 7, 2013 at 8:39 pm
  34. Lorie Conklin

I would have to pick Emeril as he cooks southern but also other things and many of his recipes include the all time favorite food bacon.

February 7, 2013 at 8:37 pm
  35. Kathy K

Paula Deen! And I would love to meet her son Jaime there, too!

February 7, 2013 at 8:33 pm
  36. Brenda Jones

I would love to visit the kitchen of Paula Deen.

February 7, 2013 at 8:31 pm
  37. Pamela Van Etten

What qualities make a famous southern chef? I nominate my “hubby” Jere as my most famous southern chef…and I would love to visit his kitchen….as would you..especially with this wonderful sink!!!.To taste his “collards with white beans”….he grows the collards and works his wonderful magic to make the most delicious meals………and the best part…..he was born in New York….did you say “transplanted Southern”……or just famous!! I feel the “sink” calling our names.. the perfect blend of Southern..it will add so much to our farmhouse kitchen!

February 7, 2013 at 8:23 pm
  38. Kristine P

I’d like to visit the kitchen of John Besh. I admire his focus on fresh local home grown food. Additionally I like to learn how he mixes traditional southern cooking with his classic training.

I love Southern food and must add there so many southern chefs I would be honored to visit however I tried to select one that isn’t on tv as much so I can learn much more.

And that sink would sure go well in my soon to be remodeled kitchen!!!!

February 7, 2013 at 8:22 pm
  39. Tam

I would love to visit Paula Deen’s kitchen because she is the only Southern cook I know!

February 7, 2013 at 8:11 pm
  40. Susan Christy

Gina Neeley! She is so funny and sassy. And I want to eat all the things she loves on “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” & TBTIE Made.

February 7, 2013 at 8:05 pm
  41. Jo Ann Griffin

Jo Ann Griffin-I would love to see Chef Clayton Sherrods kitchen and take a few lessons from him! chef Sherrods use to come in where I use to work and sometimes he would bring us “treats”‘ the treats were always Amazing! I have admired him for a long time. He is such a nice Southern Gentleman!

February 7, 2013 at 7:58 pm
  42. bonnie

This sink would add so much to my kitchen

February 7, 2013 at 7:55 pm
  43. Paula A.

I would love to visit Paula Deen’s kitchen because I am also from the South (Texas!) and I’m also named Paula! I love southern cooking!

February 7, 2013 at 7:53 pm
  44. Fances Martinez

i would to win the kohler farmhouse style sink

February 7, 2013 at 7:42 pm
  45. Jenn H

I’d like to spend time in my grandmother’s kitchen. She’s a great Southern cook, and she’s famous to me :). I’m very thankful she’s still here with us, and I could learn a lot from her cooking skills!

February 7, 2013 at 7:40 pm
  46. Ann Olive

Because she has included her Mother in many of her shows, I would love to experience an afternoon in Lidia Bastianich’s kitchen. Her methods, simple yet delicious, and the referencing of her dear Mom, reminds me of the special times cooking with my own Mama who died recently. Her cooking shows always bring out an abundance of emotions and I would be honored to be her guest.

February 7, 2013 at 7:32 pm
  47. Wanda

Of Course Paula Deen Y’ALL! I just love and admire Paula because of where she came from and what she is now. I love her kitchen too.

February 7, 2013 at 7:29 pm
  48. Elaine Chambers

I would love to visit Paula Deen’s kitchen. I love that she hasn’t given up budda (butter) even though she’s lost all the weight and is in the best health ever! (moderation is the key).The style of kitchen she has is wonderful! The old southern charm with new additions. Love her love her kitchen! Period! :)

February 7, 2013 at 7:28 pm
  49. Kelly Massman

Maybe Emerill-would just be interesting to see how a man chef’s kitchen would be

February 7, 2013 at 7:23 pm
  50. Sherri Mays

Paula Deen – she is such a hoot!!!!!!! I remember her telling Oprah “I’m your cook, not your doctor” as she put 2 sticks of butter in the mixer! You go girl!!!!

February 7, 2013 at 7:21 pm