We’re Giving Away an Omega Cabinetry Power Pod

February 9, 2013 | By and | Comments (319)

master brand cabinet power pod m Were Giving Away an Omega Cabinetry Power PodThe regular power strip has been updated for the kitchen! Everyone and all of their gadgets always find a way into the kitchen. Now there’s a convenient place for them to recharge.

Omega Cabinetry designed a PowerPod – a, $447.16, 14-inch strip with three electrical outlets and two USB ports that can easily be installed into existing cabinetry. It’s also splash proof!

In order to win the PowerPod, tell us how you use technology in your kitchen. Are you looking up recipes? Researching interesting new ingredients? The most efficient answer wins the Power Pod.

The contest begins February 1st and ends February 28th. Click here for official rules.

calphalon accucore 10 piece cookware set s Were Giving Away an Omega Cabinetry Power PodFind out what we’re giving away tomorrow, and enter to win all the other prizes being given away this month!

COMMENTS

1. Wanda

If I had the power strip I could use my netbook in the kitchen to either look up recipes or I could Skype while cooking. I could Multi-task in the kitchen.

February 9, 2013 at 5:23 pm
  2. Elizabeth Runkle

I often have to monitor after hours e-mail and our office trouble ticket system from home. Our kitchen is central to our home, and having laptops and gadgets connected and charged there keeps me online. Of course, I’m not the only person in the household with gadgets.

February 9, 2013 at 5:41 pm
  3. Sheryl

I could charge my laptop while checking on recipes and listen to music on my mp3 player.

February 9, 2013 at 5:50 pm
  4. Sandy Dean

I would love to have this in my kitchen. I would use it to supply power to my laptop while I look up recipes as I cook. I wouldn’t have to run back and forth into the living room as I cook. The possibilites are endless.

February 9, 2013 at 6:11 pm
  5. Cynthia C

I use technology for researching recipes and ingredients and to listen to audio books while I’m busy there.

February 9, 2013 at 6:12 pm
  6. AR Bowen

I am a novice at cooking. However, I have a handsome boyfriend who loves to teach me all of the “how to’s” of becoming a chef. In the kitchen, we use technology to play our favorite songs while cooking together. Every once in a while, I even get him to dance!

February 9, 2013 at 6:45 pm
  7. LDWERNET

This would be a boon to me, I do not have enough outlets in my kitchen. I’d use it for my laptop and stream music and movies while I do kitchen duty, to make the time go by.

February 9, 2013 at 7:01 pm
  8. Nancy Stevenson

I would look up recipes and charge my phone. Thank you

February 9, 2013 at 7:07 pm
  9. Sara

Charge my phone and follow recipes on my ipad

February 9, 2013 at 7:10 pm
  10. Mary Ann Hart

I would love to listen to music and watch food videos in the kitchen. The Power Pod would make this possible because I don’t have enough outlets to do it now.

February 9, 2013 at 7:12 pm
  11. Linda Smith

Linda: I ALWAYS need another plug!!

February 9, 2013 at 7:24 pm
  12. Richard

Am I geeky enough?

February 9, 2013 at 7:24 pm
  13. Sherry Russell

Use by laptop to keep the kids entertained while cooking them meals. It also helps me research healthy fun meals for them too.

February 9, 2013 at 7:29 pm
  14. Becca

What don’t I use technology for in the kitchen!! I use my tablet for grocery lists and to-do lists, i use tablet and laptop for viewing recipes, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time since I like to experiment, for listening to my music, for looking up how many degrees a certain meat or candy style needs to reach, how many days or weeks until a product is out of date, and I have a small television on my countertop so I can watch my shows and not miss anything good. This year I purchased a 16 GB flash drive cheap at a close out style store and now each time I use a recipe I am saving it to the flash drive under as many categories as I think I would go looking for, lots of files and sub files, it feels good knowing I won’t run out of memory and will eventually have everything in on place and can keep adding to it.

February 9, 2013 at 7:32 pm
  15. Erin Walsh

I always have to use my laptop in the kitchen to look up recipes.

February 9, 2013 at 7:32 pm
  16. Kelly E.

This would be great to have! I love that it has USB ports as well. We would use this to plug in our phones and laptops – not only for looking up new recipes, but also to blast some Ella Fitzgeral while we mix and stir!

February 9, 2013 at 7:42 pm
  17. mary whitney

this looks so cool

February 9, 2013 at 7:45 pm
  18. Julia McKissack

I use technology – mainly my laptop – in the kitchen to: access my recipe files, find substitutions for ingredients that I am missing, plan recipes around ingredients and items I have on hand, scan store circulars, plan meals, and create grocery lists – listen to music while working in the kitchen, chat while tackling kitchen tasks, and more. Technology is such an integral part of my life, it’s hard to list all of the ways I use it in every room. A strip like this would allow me to do even more, like charge my phone while having one of those long conversations with my mom! What a useful, timesaving device!

February 9, 2013 at 8:19 pm
  19. Elizabeth Johnson

I used my computer recently to get a recipe for French Macaroons and watch several videos on how to make them. After reading several recipes and blogs, and watching numerous videos, I finally made them. They turned out great and they had “feet” just like they should. Technology is invaluable in the kitchen!

February 9, 2013 at 9:05 pm
  20. Tim Brown

my laptop

February 9, 2013 at 9:10 pm
  21. Kelly Massman

looking up recipes is the main way i use technology in the kitchen; thanks kmassman gmail

February 9, 2013 at 9:13 pm
  22. James Kraft

I use my Ultrabook for recipes and videos in the kitchen.

February 9, 2013 at 9:24 pm
  23. Kristine P

I use technology in many ways in the kitchen.
    1) Looking up and using recipes. I get a farm box weekly and often have new ingredient to find fun recipes for.
    2) Keeping a digital list of items in the fridge (meats, veggies, etc) so I remember to use them before they go bad. If I don’t I often find some wilted mushy item left in the bottom of the veggie drawer.
    3) Tracking what I eat on a spreadsheet.

If I won this I would add video my recipes and finished product to add to a blog.

February 9, 2013 at 9:38 pm
  24. Emi Emery

I use technology to look up recipes, listen to music, and video chat as I do my cooking. It helps me feel like it’s not a chore but to enjoy while I do them.

February 9, 2013 at 9:42 pm
  25. rudy5618

I use my Ipad to look up recipes for cooking dinner. I also use my Ipad in the kitchen to catch up on emails while the food cooks.

February 9, 2013 at 9:44 pm
  26. Roxy Barriere

I use my iPad to watch cooking lessons in the kitchen. I’m always trying to learn new techniques.

February 9, 2013 at 9:54 pm
  27. Pamela Murphy

I use my iPad to look up recipes to follow in my kitchen.

February 9, 2013 at 10:13 pm
  28. organizedmama

I listen to my ipod when I cook, it makes me happy and I can dance!

February 9, 2013 at 10:13 pm
  29. Jody

I use my laptop for recipes and I usually run out of power.

February 9, 2013 at 10:23 pm
  30. mgoodcar

this is the GREATEST concept I have seen yet! This would come in handy in more ways then one. technology in the kitchen for many things including step by step instructions for recipes, keeping the kids busy and sharing via social networks and connecting with far away family.

February 9, 2013 at 10:27 pm
  31. Gail Littlejohn

I am making green smoothies for my health in my kitchen using a VitaMix. I look up green smoothie recipes and other healthy recipes to cook.

February 9, 2013 at 10:52 pm
  32. Caroline Clark

Music, recipe guidance and research, and Pinterest!

February 9, 2013 at 10:56 pm
  33. miaeli

Ever since I gave my mom a smartphone connected to the home wifi network, she’s been using one of the apps to listen to radio stations across the country and around the world every single day while she is prepping and cooking food, cleaning the kitchen or the house, and while eating her meals. She’s connected to what’s going on in the world all inside her little kitchen. It was the best gift ever.

February 9, 2013 at 10:57 pm
  34. Gerlinde S.

I spent a lot of time in the Kitchen a Power Pod would be a great help .

February 9, 2013 at 10:57 pm
  35. Jennifer S

I use my laptop for recipes — and occasionally for help with cooking terms or procedures!

February 9, 2013 at 11:04 pm
  36. Melissa

This would be fantastic as a household hub for when the kids are doing homework and need their devices charging… Keep my iPad ready for recipes, shopping lists and whatever else I may need! Cooking videos can play while I am cooking!

February 10, 2013 at 12:06 am
  37. Linda

I use technology in the kitchen to: locate recipes (especially low fat and low carb recipes), watch food preparation programs and videos, visit web sites mentioned on food programs or in magazines, view weekly specials in local stores, learn about new products and equipment available, enter sweepstakes, etc. We will start building a new house soon and the computer has been an invaluable source of information for determining what we will purchase to go into the new kitchen (and other areas), vendors that sell the products, and great sugestions on how to work with builders and architects. I, also, sometimes read a book on my Kindle while something is baking or I am stirring a roux.

February 10, 2013 at 12:13 am
  38. lmarie64

the only technology in my kitchen now is a clock radio/alarm that entertains me, however with this added tower of power I COULD display a massive recipe collection while skyping with family & friends to tempt them to visit me while we enjoy meals together, listening to our favorite tunes and reviewing all our favorite photos

February 10, 2013 at 12:51 am
  39. Susan Gruener

This would be great for my kitchen. With my daughter and two grandchildren now living with us, the kitchen bar is used by my granddaughter to do homework on my laptop. My daughter is going to school online, and she shares the kitchen bar with her daughter, doing homework on her laptop as well. The kitchen bar is also used to skype with my out-of-state daughter who has a toddler and a new baby. It’s the next best thing to being there in person…

February 10, 2013 at 1:50 am
  40. Gayle

find recipes and listen to music

February 10, 2013 at 3:57 am
  41. Debbi R

I could load any cookbook onto my Kindle and use the Kindle to look at the recipe while cooking and with the power pod I would never have to worry if it as charged fully. My daughter also uses her laptop at the counter to do her homework, so we coould be working in the same area together.

February 10, 2013 at 4:08 am
  42. lynn rauh

Technology is a great thing. Though I do not have it – I think the most efficient gadget would be a undercounter mounted tablet to look up recipes and view videos of cooking demos and techniques. Currently, I use a laptop from the dining room table.

February 10, 2013 at 6:19 am
  43. Yvette Williams

With this power strip it would make it possible to charge my computer while I look up recipes, make grocery lists and email to myself, listen to music and catch up on email and other things while cooking.

February 10, 2013 at 6:30 am
  44. June Snyder

I look up recipes and substitutes. My laptop is in my kitchen along with my Iphone; the power strip would definitely be welcome!

February 10, 2013 at 6:32 am
  45. Kathy S.

I definitely use technology in my kitchen for looking up recipes and ingredients. Sometimes I shuttle back and forth between two or three recipes to get the best fit for our ‘likes’ and what we have on hand. And sometimes, when things don’t work out, I use the technology to order pizza delivery onlline!

February 10, 2013 at 7:26 am
  46. anjanettehinton

If you think Charlotte`s story is great,, in the last-month my son in-law easily made $6296 sitting there a seventeen hour week at home and the’re friend’s aunt`s neighbour has been doing this for five months and got paid over $6296 parttime at there pc. follow the steps on this page…….. BIT40.ℂOℳ

February 10, 2013 at 7:28 am
  47. Liene

Translating! After living in France I have accumulated recipes exceeding my French language skills. It is enough that I have fed my son sour cream instead of cottage cheese, in hopes of keeping the rest of my family from suffering I actively run translating applications on every unfamiliar word…

February 10, 2013 at 9:25 am
  48. Gwen Brooks

This looks so AWESOME! Could do so much with it!

February 10, 2013 at 9:37 am
  49. Suzanne Cooper

My job and school work revolve around technology. This would be perfect for all of the gadgets I have to use on a daily basis.

February 10, 2013 at 9:47 am
  50. JUDY

I have a pet peeve about outlets showing – would absolutely love to have this and enable some rearranging in the kitchen.

February 10, 2013 at 10:01 am