Behind every well-dressed Southern gentleman, there’s a Southern woman who has taken the time to bestow a little attention on him. (Bless his heart.) We’ve repeatedly told you how to tie a bow tie (if you missed that, check it out here). Now let’s move on to another item in the Good-Skill-to-Have category when it comes to menswear: folding a pocket square. Here are instructions for a two-point fold, perfect for any occasion from church to supper club and everything in between. (For a fun Southern twist, encourage your fella to try a pocket square bandana.)
• Lay pocket square flat in a diamond position—one corner pointing north and one pointing south.
• Fold bottom corner up and just to the left of the top corner.
• Fold left side in toward the right.
• Fold right side in toward the left.
• Place jacket pocket so only the two corners show.
For a video tutorial as well as three more folds, visit southernliving.com/pocket-square.