Every Monday we bring you the SL Hot List, a round up of the five latest and greatest things to hit the South. Consider it your weekly update on our region’s most buzzworthy food, culture, and style news.
1. Kacey Musgraves’ album. The breakout country gal’s first album Same Trailer Different Park has Kacey set to be the next great thing in her genre. Her honest lyrics and twangy riffs are the stuff of timeless country music.
2. Charleston Fashion Week. The festivities surrounding the 7th annual Charleston Fashion Week might be all about style and socializing, but at the core of the events is a commitment to discovering and launching new talent. We’ll be at the shows this week scoping out the designers and getting the low-down on Charleston’s blossoming fashion scene. Follow along using #CHSFW on Twitter.
3. Frank Stitt Dinner in Birmingham. The FourCoursemen was a pioneer in the underground dinner movement. Now the group has launched Public Domain, a roving dinner party that partners with chefs around the South to host fabulous community dinners. This Sunday, March 24, the group heads to Birmingham for a five-course dinner with Frank Stitt at Good People Brewing Company. Tickets are $150 and seating is limited to 50 people.
4. New Orleans’ Oyster Party. French Quarter restaurant Red Fish Grill shucks the 3 millionth oyster for its renowned BBQ Oyster dish on March 20. The staff honors the milestone with a competition to help find its next great oyster dish. Tell Red Fish how you take your oysters to enter to win one dozen free oysters every day for life.
5. Nashville’s Craft Beer Week. The Music City toasts its craft beer scene with a weeklong festival featuring pairing dinners at restaurants such as Lockeland Table, Rolf & Daughters, and City House; tastings and classes at package stores across town; and drink specials on local beers such as Jackalope and Yazoo.