Mama Always Said: Our Favorite Words of Wisdom from Southern Mothers

c5edb5ebbd2ef137#9575_11394Mother’s Day is just around the corner. Sunday May 12 to be exact. (Friendly reminder to get that card in the mail asap. You know a note from you is all she really wants.) In honor of Southern mothers–the strongest, warmest, most awe-inpsiringly devoted creatures out there–we’ve rounded up pearls of wisdom from ten ladies who raised quite impressive Southern ladies and gentleman (including dreamy Matthew McConaughey). Take heed of their advice and then pass it on to the remarkable women in your life!
And, now, without further adieu let’s turn it over to Mama.

MothersDay1

MothersDay2

MothersDay3

MothersDay4

MothersDay5

MothersDay6

MothersDay7

MothersDay8

Mother's Day Iced Tea MothersDay10

COMMENTS

1. My Sweet Mama Always Said… | Heels Go Click.

[…] and I have compiled a list of our favorite sayings that My Sweet Mama Always Said.  (Thanks, Southern Living for the […]

May 9, 2013 at 10:18 am
  2. Words of Wisdom From Southern Mothers | palmettomoononline.com

[...] Southern Living Magazine recently published an article about the words of wisdom Southern Mothers come up with. [...]

May 8, 2013 at 2:40 pm
  3. Patricia Pope

“My Momma always told me that I was “always too old for my wants to hurt me”!

May 6, 2013 at 5:29 pm
  4. Jane

My Grandmother told me “show enough that they know you’re a woman and cover enough that they know you’re a lady”.

May 4, 2013 at 10:26 pm
  5. Ginger Britt

My Mama always said “You are judged by the company you keep”. She was so right.

May 4, 2013 at 1:58 pm
  6. Kim Krause

I always told my daughter, “Be a first rate version of your self, not a second rate version of somebody else.”

May 4, 2013 at 10:33 am