Whether it’s Hotty Toddy, War Eagle, Woo Pig Sooie, or any other battle cry you may be yelling this fall, here’s a game plan to keep your campus Saturday stylish.
What you need to survive gameday:
- Over-Sized Tote- This timeless tote carries it all and can be stocked with a pair more comfortable flats as a backup plan if you want to start with wedges. You can even get this one by Mark & Graham (markandgraham.com, $199) monogrammed.
- Shirt Dress- Choose a shirt dress in your favorite team color. The easy silhouette will keep you comfortable and looking put –together all day. This one from DVF (dvf.com, $325) comes in three colors.
- Lip Tint with SPF- Protect your pout from a day outdoors with a sun-block-and-lip-color duo like this one from Fresh (barneys.com, $22).
- Lasting Mascara- Keep your lashes full and thick through the fourth quarter. This waterproof mascara by Blinc will get the job done (birchbox.com, $26).
- Concealer- Be sure to carry a concealer to touch up imperfections all day long. We love Benefit Erase Paste (sephora.com, $26).
- Colorful Silk Scarf- Select a scarf with traces of your team color, and tie around your bag strap for a subtle pop of team spirit. We are loving these varieties by Steven Alan (stevealan.com, $115).
- Team Koozies- This nifty Velcro-closure koozie comes in almost any color, can be embroidered with your team logo, and is made right here in the south. Check out the etsy shop, adstorey (etsy.com, $10) to get your own.
- Wrinkle Free Button-Down- Stay looking freshly-pressed all day long with a non-iron shirt like this one from Brooks Brothers (brooksbrothers.com, $105) that comes in a variety of colors.
- Bowtie- If you are feeling extra dapper, top off your gameday look with a bowtie in team colors. Get a southern made version from the guys at Collard Greens (collardgreens.com, $55).
- Layering Sweater-For games later in the season, when temperatures drop, stay toasty by layering with a wool sweater. The Emmet merino v-neck from Jack Spade (jackspade.com, $195), is one to try.
- Cologne- A few hail-marys and prayers later, you’ll still smell handsome when cheering your team to victory with a fresh scent like the aptly named Amen by Philosophy (philosophy.com, $44).
- Low-Cut Boot- Both comfortable and stylish, Cole Hann’s Glenn Chukka goes the extra mile (piperlime.com, $ 228).
- Rolling Cooler- Hop from tailgate to tailgate and keep your drinks cold in this rolling cooler sporting your team’s insignia (target.com, $50).
- Southern Made Bourbon- It just wouldn’t be gameday without throwing back a few bourbon and coke cocktails. Named after Nashville’s upscale Neighborhood, try Tennessee’s very own Belle Meade Bourbon and you may even skip the coke. (Check out greenbrierdistillery.com for a listing of local retailers.)