South Florida Goes Americana With New Music Fest

September 30, 2013 | By | Comments (8)
Photo courtesy Greater Fort Lauderdale

Photo courtesy Greater Fort Lauderdale

There’s a new music festival hitting the South this winter: Lauderdale Live. Hosted on the gorgeous Fort Lauderdale waterfront, the fest takes advantage of South Florida’s warm winter weather to bring a stellar lineup of outdoor music to your agenda. On December 6-8 catch acts such as Lyle Lovett, Jason Isbell, Shovels & Rope, and the Indigo Girls heat up the town.

We got the inside scoop on the preliminary lineup (below) and even scored you some free tickets to the party. Your passes get you access to all the Saturday and Sunday shows, and entry to the beer garden and a food truck round-up.

So who’s on the lineup? Lyle Lovett, Huey Lewis & The News, Indigo Girls with band, Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Shovels & Rope, Jason Isbell, Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors, The Wild Feathers, Holly Williams, Jilette Johnson, and Jackopierce. A nice twangy kick for the SoFlo music scene.

Tell us why you should go to Lauderlive Live in the comments below for a chance to win. See official rules here

COMMENTS

1. Stephanie Wilkey

I should go to Lauderdale Live because I show that enjoying good music in Ft Lauderdale isn’t just for the young..it’s also for the young at heart. I celebrated my 60th birthday in Lauderdale in 2012 and I’m ready to go back and show everyone that I’m 61 and full of fun!!

September 30, 2013 at 10:15 pm
  2. Nick Dean

Fort Lauderdale is doing an amazing job hosting all these concerts. Lauderdale Live should be another great event to promote our city. Stimulate the local economy and listen to great music. What a great concept.

October 1, 2013 at 7:46 am
  3. Tracy Moore

I am moving from KY to Fort Lauderdale on 10/3/13 for a new job! I can’t wait to soak in the sun and all the vibrancy Fort Lauderdale has to offer!

October 1, 2013 at 8:52 am
  4. Natalie B

How exciting to read about this new music festival! I grew up in South Florida, recently returned from living in various parts of the country, and have been impressed with the booming cultural scene here. I have enjoyed producing and hosting community radio programs including remote broadcasts from festivals, and I continue to share cultural information via social media. I am passionate about culture and community, and would love to participate and support this event! Thank you.

October 1, 2013 at 8:52 am
  5. John Murray

Hi there I’m heading to Fort Lauderdale for Thanksgiving / I like the idea of Santa twice then back to Sligo Ireland on 10th December to get Santa again!!! what a way to end holiday
    My previous trips filled with fond memories and the beach/boats/food amazing – similar to home in Ireland with trusted TomTom you can drive around like a local – to myself and my partner it’s the real version of the Heavenly Pearly Gates
    John and Diane

October 1, 2013 at 10:12 am
  6. jacques dery

I am a French Canadian who like to see festival in South Florida. I live at Hollywood from Octobre to April. I would like win this price

October 2, 2013 at 12:39 pm
  7. Rod Hensley

I pray that my answer might hit a cord. I am a 100% disabled Veteran. Some times I can walk on my own and some times not. Freedom in this country comes at a price and I believe
    that price takes the very manhood or life away our the Veterans. But no one can take away their spirit. I for one would love to help start the festival by saying a prayer for both my country and the true HERO”S who have given everything throughout our short but magnificent history.

October 3, 2013 at 12:38 pm
  8. Kim Ackel

I moved to Fort Lauderdale back in 80’s where I married a native of this amazing city. In December we will be celebrating our 27th anniversary. We never properly celebrated our anniversary since we got married during Christmas time and we were always caught up in the holidays and family. Just the other day, my daughter told me about the Lauderdale Live music festival and suggested this would be a great way to celebrate our anniversary early. What makes it even more special is that Huey Lewis & The News will be performing there. Their song “Happy To Be Stuck With You” was our wedding song which went hilariously well with our situation being 4 months pregnant at the time. Not a day goes by when I don’t think of that song. We love music and living it up in our favorite city! I couldn’t think of a more perfect way to celebrate 27 years of being happily stuck together than going to the Lauderdale Live music festival!

October 3, 2013 at 2:20 pm