Made in the South for Baby: Pixie Lily

October 3, 2013 | By | Comments (13)

pixie lily Made in the South for Baby: Pixie Lily

As an an editor at large for Southern Living and a mother to son J.R. and new baby girl Millie Stuart, I have a deep love for classic children’s clothing and all things Southern. I’m always delighted to find something that incorporates both and I’m excited to share my best finds here with you on The Daily South. Here’s one of my favorites: Charleston-based Pixie Lily.

The Line: Pixie Lily; PixieLily.comLuxurious baby clothing and accessories for the mother with a discerning eye.

Christmas Duo

The Story: Pixie Lily’s founder and owner, Leda Jackson gets what a Southern Mama wants! The first Pixie Lily couture creation came when Mrs. Jackson’s daughter, Suzanne was born. The precious baby girl was dressed in a gown that had been made for her great-grandfather, Count Hughes Jules de la Vergne. Lucky baby! As the new mom set out to find new gowns that fit her sophisticated but sweet aesthetic, she struggled to find what she wanted. So what does any good Southern woman do in that situation? She designs and makes her own! In 2000, Pixie Lily was officially opened and is now sold in over 500 national and international stores. The sweet, simple and classic designs are made with love in Charleston and I have found my new go-to shop for baby gifts.

White dress with floral Vine detail

Why I Love It: As a Southern Girl, the words “heirloom quality” ring like sweet angel bells in my ears, especially when it comes to items for my new baby! So, when my friend Meredith Land Moore, a Charleston native and now Dallas/Fort Worth NBC Evening News Anchor, gifted me with a heirloom quality bib and burp cloth from Pixie Lily, my heart went all aflutter. Of course, I went on a mission to learn more about Pixie Lily and the more I learned, the more I liked it!

Pixie Baby 2

Now all of this talk about the quality of the items might have you expecting huge price tags but you will be pleasantly surprised.  Most of the baby items are under $100 but feel like a million bucks! The layette is so soft and sweet that I want to keep little Millie Stuart in Pixie Lily all of the time. Her special pieces are getting a lot of wear but are holding up beautifully. I’m enjoying the Layette on my newborn little one now (and I am trying to savor every moment of her tiny baby stage) but I can’t wait to dress her in the delicate designs Mrs. Jackson creates for the tots too!

There is a new limited edition Pixie Print coming out in November and I can’t wait to get my hands on it! Sadly, the holiday layette sold out before I could get my order in but rumor has it that there might be a few more available in November. I think the trick is to follow Pixie Lily on Facebook to get your orders in early!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, the cherry on top of my Pixie Lily gift from Meredith—it was monogrammed!

Pixie-Lily-scalloped-logo-2-color-copyt Made in the South for Baby: Pixie Lily

COMMENTS

1. heather yeomans

love pixie lily its adorable and so timeless

October 12, 2013 at 4:22 pm
  2. Ashley Kruse

Pixie Lily is my absolute favorite! I loved dressing my daughter in their sweet pieces; and now, cannot get enough Pixie Lily for my newborn son. Not only is it the sweetest of designs, but the cotton is so soft!

October 12, 2013 at 6:45 am
  3. Suzy Hays

Pixie Lily Precious, South of Anywhere, U.S.A.

October 11, 2013 at 7:04 pm
  4. Katie Payne

Pixie Lily is a must have for children in the South. We especially love their soft knits for the babies.

October 11, 2013 at 1:48 pm
  5. Francesca Giambanco

Just LOVE Pixie Lily!!

October 11, 2013 at 10:07 am
  6. Lauren Horton

Pixie Lily is my go to for baby gifts and keepsake quality pieces for my daughter!

October 11, 2013 at 8:56 am
  7. Kimberly Whitman

I love all of these wonderful comments! I am so thrilled that I am not alone in the Pixie Lily fan club.

October 4, 2013 at 10:11 am
  8. Amy Watson Smith

I love Leda and Pixie Lily! Every new mom should receive at least a few precious Pixies at her baby shower.

October 4, 2013 at 8:13 am
  9. Nita

Love, love pixie lily! It is so classic and looks great wear after wear!

October 3, 2013 at 8:52 pm
  10. Natalie Ivey

I’ve dressed all three of my children in Pixie Lily! It’s timeless and beautiful!

October 3, 2013 at 8:43 pm
  11. Laci

I completely agree with all of the above!! I absolutely LOVE Pixie Lily- and wish I had known about it when my two girls were born… I discovered their line right before my sweet boy arrived and received the gown, bib, burp cloth, & blanket as gifts from my hubby. My little man looked precious coming home in them. I love the feel of the fabric-so soft. It holds up unbelievably well. Truth be told, I’m sure these will be passed on for generations! :)

October 3, 2013 at 7:14 pm
  12. Gracyn

Absolutely nothing finer than Pixie Lily! Top notch quality and customer service!

October 3, 2013 at 7:11 pm
  13. Erika Pearce

I loooooove Pixie Lily! All three of my children have worn Pixie Lily. Their attention to detail is exquisite. Their clothing is soft and cozy. The quality is impeccable. My children will wear Pixie Lily as long they fit in the line! ;)

October 3, 2013 at 7:04 pm