This fall we are seeing everything from vibrant orange peacoats to rust-colored jeans on the racks. While we love orange as a fashion statement, such a bold color can be intimidating to take on. By following a few guidelines, the look can be oh-so-stylish and even easy to pull off. Check out one of our favorite—and foolproof—ways to wear the trend.
- Bold Accessory—Start with the the boldest piece—in this case orange—in your ensemble and build the rest of your outfit around it. You can go any shade from burnt orange to something as vibrant as this cross-body bag (Cambridge Satchel, shopbop.com, $165).
- Color Block Blouse—Offset your bright accessory with a blouse in classic colors. You can even select one with a touch of orange like this one from Modcloth (modcloth.com, $40), so you can still sport orange after you’ve put your bag down.
- Boyfriend Jeans—A look borrowed from the boys, these cuffed jeans are a a cool way to do casual. You can keep your look polished by selecting a slimmer variety like this pair by Current/Elliot, (net-a-porter.com, $218).
- Neutral Bootie—Fall’s favorite shoe, the bootie, looks great with almost any outfit. Pairing a stiletto, like these by Steve Madden (nordstrom.com, $110) adds a feminine touch to a denim look.
- Copper-Toned Lids—Keep makeup simple and in warm hues. Dust eyes with a bit of copper-toned eye shadow. With both matte and shimmering shades, this palette by Smashbox (nordstrom.com, $39), works for everyone.
- Plump Pout—A bold outfit in bright colors calls for barely-there makeup. Keep your lips natural and moisturized with a balm like “ My Favorite Lip Balm,” by C.O. Bigelow, (birchbox.com, $7.50).
- Long Layered Necklace—Finish off your look with long layered necklaces. Wear just one like this one by Lauren Ralph Lauren (bloomingdales.com, $68), or add several to get as many layers as you like.
How are you wearing this season’s trendy hue?