You Could Own the Steel Magnolia House

October 17, 2013 | By | Comments (15)
Photo courtesy of BonnetteAuctions.com

Photo courtesy of BonnetteAuctions.com

Heaven help us. The fictional home of the Eatenton family from the 1989 film Steel Magnolias is up for auction on October 26 in Natchitoches, Louisiana. I’m sure M’Lynn would need more than a glass of the “house wine of the South” to let go of her family home, but for an estimated price close to $949,000, Drum could buy that duck camp he always wanted.

Photo courtesy of TriStar Pictures

Photo courtesy of TriStar Pictures

The two-story historic colonial was built in 1840. The 5,900-square feet home has six bedrooms, six baths, and comes fully furnished. And if that wasn’t enough space to host Shelby’s dream “blush and bashful” wedding, there’s also a 800-square feet guest house and pool.

Did we mention there’s a pink bedroom? But bless your heart if you dare paint it.

(We know it’s not polite to talk about money) but how much would you bid for the Steel Magnolia home? What would you do with the house?

COMMENTS

1. Pam Flynn

I would bid $1.00 and live out my dream retirement in this beautiful home.

October 20, 2013 at 3:37 pm
  2. Mary Joyce

Definitely a southern b&b beauty…..loved the movie ! Watch every chance I get….. makes ya feel so down home!

October 19, 2013 at 10:57 pm
  3. Mel Emil RN

I love the house, loved the film, and if I could buy it, it would stay exactly as it is. Just refresh paint where needed in the same colors.

October 19, 2013 at 2:23 pm
  4. Brenda Cantrell

WOULD LOVE TO LIVE HERE FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS OF MY LIFE………I LOVE IT, ALWAYS WANTED A BIG VICTORIAN HOUSE……….AND COULD GIVE A PLACE FOR MY MOTHER AND SOME YOUNG PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO HOME AND TOO OLD TO BE ADOPTED AND HO,E PLACE TO START A LIFE…..GOD WILL PROVIDE TO THOSE WHO HELP THOSE IN NEED…..

October 19, 2013 at 10:59 am
  5. Ms. Terry J. Kiefer

I would love to be able to get this house. I loved the movie Steel Magnolias, and to be able to live in this house, would be a dream come true.

October 19, 2013 at 10:36 am
  6. Allison Kule

I would love to bid on this Southern beauty! I would live in it as my personal home, not make it a tourist attraction.

October 19, 2013 at 9:09 am
  7. Stephanie Lemke

I would bid a cool million in hopes of serving the public and turning it into the quaintest bed and breakfast in the deep south. I would host tea parties every afternoon. Offer carriage rides and provide an elegant and hopelessly grand lighted decoration display during the Christmas holiday. Historic information would be spoken and gifted to each guest. The place to stay and leave feeling renewed and bathed in the ambiance of Natchitoches, Louisiana.

October 19, 2013 at 8:45 am
  8. Stephanie

To live in a house back in time wouldn’t change it. Priceless

October 19, 2013 at 7:52 am
  9. nancyand rachel@hotmail.com

where do we make a bid?

October 19, 2013 at 7:49 am
  10. Jayne Hghes

I would love that house…I too miss the South and am tying to find how I can
    successfully move back. May Whomever gets this piece of history love and cherish
    it

October 19, 2013 at 7:49 am
  11. Val

What a beautiful home – we’re military, so can’t bid – unfortunate.

October 19, 2013 at 7:39 am
  12. Beulah

I’m a born and breed deep south gal now living elsewhere…..homesick, longing to call Natchitoches, Louisiana home. I won’t talk money in public, but I will tell you what I would do with this beauty! Artist retreat…this home and grounds are ideal for conferences, workshops, gallery…hmmmmm, I might just have to road trip to place my bid in person.

October 19, 2013 at 7:32 am
  13. Martha Funderburk

We stayed there several times when it was a B & B. We loved it. This makes me so sad.

October 17, 2013 at 7:16 pm
  14. Courtney

My aunt and her husband used to live a couple of streets over from the houses used in the movie. I hope someone who loves the movie gets this house and not someone who will feel the need to do a drastic overhaul of the interior.

October 17, 2013 at 6:21 pm