Who: Pauline Weis
Where: Near St. Louis, Missouri
Pauline’s Pearls of Wisdom: “Always accessorize. A pretty necklace, costume cluster earrings, or a rhinestone brooch on a coat make the outfit.”
The bright-eyed subject for this week’s Throwback Thursday is the grandmother of our Homes Editor, Jennifer Kopf. Ahead of her time—and in true fashion-blogger style—Pauline Weis made sure to photograph her fabulous wardrobe. Check out the gallery below for more of her throwback looks.
Get The Look:
- Statement Necklace—Let a jeweled statement necklace be the centerpiece of your outfit. We love this one by Sabine in fall’s must-have emerald green (piperlime.com, $58).
- Leather-Trimmed Riding Pants—A comfortable and chic solution for fall, this riding pant has a trendy twist with touches of leather. You can wear this pair by J.Crew (jcrew.com, $168) with everything from a blazer and riding boots to a silk blouse and pumps.
- Textured Sweater—Interest doesn’t always have to be in bright colors and busy prints. This sweater by Club Monaco (clubmonaco.com, $149.50), with dual yarn gauges and knit techniques, catches our eye even a neutral color.
- Long-Lasting Lip Color—Ideal for daytime with a creamy finish, Pro Longwear Lipcreme, (maccosmetics.com, $18) is the perfect lipstick to last all day, everyday.
- Anti-Aging Cream—Helping prevent aging and even fight acne, Retinol is a girl’s best friend. Keep that youthful look by fighting the signs of aging around your eyes—one of the first areas our skin shows age—with a retinol cream like Decleor Relaxing Smoothing Eye Cream (nordstrom.com, $59).
- Moroccan Oil Treatment—This versatile product repairs, and softens unruly tresses. Apply to damp hair before drying, or use during styling to tame fly-aways and give a finishing shine. (becleo.com, $40).
- Bow Tie Skimmers—Suede flats with a dainty metallic detail are charming and easy to pair with a variety of outfits. Try this pointy-toe version from Madewell (madewell.com, $118).
Send us vintage pics of your most fashionable family member (mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, even your great aunt), to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured. Include when and where the picture was taken, along with the best piece of style advice they ever gave you.