Valentine’s day is just around the corner and that means that it’s time to start shopping for your sweetheart. Take a detour from the usual chocolates and bouquets. Surprise him or her with something unique and southern made. Here are a few pieces we know they’ll love. Bonus: You could win this hand crafted roll up shave kit by White Wing. See rules below.
1. Prospector Co. | Savannah, GA This fragrance, named after the durable fabric often used for men’s attire, is rustic yet light. Safe on skin and clothing alike, this scent is the perfect all-over refresher, Gabardine 1879 Men’s Fragrance, $32.
2. Muscle Shoals Sound Studio | Muscle Shoals, AL Featuring songs originally recorded in Alabama’s legendary music hub, this album includes a few romantic titles like Aretha Franklin’s “I Never Loved A Man” (The Way I Love You) and is just right for Valentine’s day, Muscle Shoals Documentary Soundtrack Vinyl Record $30 .
3. White Wing | Eden, TX Make organizing and transporting grooming essentials a snap with this carrying case that is lined with water resistant fabric and made to hang. Toss it on a towel bar for easy access to toiletries, Roll Up Shave Kit, $172.50.
4. Marquin Designs | Greenville, SC Originally cast from actual turkey spurs, a product of her proud husband’s hunting trip, the designer made them as a gift. Pass on the love to the hunter in your life, Pewter Turkey Spur Cuff Links, $135 .
5. Rifle Paper Co.
| Winter Park, FL Stroke his ego this valentines day with this adorable card. He’ll appreciate it, You’re A Fox Card, $4.50.
1. One Canoe Two | Columbia, MO This card, with a lovely hand-painted illustration printed on heavy card stock, is our favorite way to tell your valentine you care, My Favorite Chocolates Card, $4.50
2. Kayce Hughes | Nashville, TN Win her heart with this tasseled take-anywhere clutch, Linen and Red Leather Clutch, $162.
3. Mama Roots | Columbia, MO Slip your sweetie a love note in the back inside pocket of this journal, customized with your initials, Custom Heart Journal, $4 .
4. Cacao | Atlanta, GA Made with chilies and other spices, it’s as sweet and spicy as she is, Aztec Aphrodisiac Chocolate Bar, $5.75.
5. Blue Ridge Notions | Charlottesville, VA Dainty and yellow-gold-filled, this stackable ring will leave her thinking, “he loves me, he loves me knot,” Love Knot Infinity Ring, $18.
6. Shalla Wista | Birmingham, AL Get these coco bead, vinyl disc, and 24-karat-gold necklaces made to order. Check out a variety of color options on their online shop, Vinyl and Coco Beaded Necklace, $88.
7. Sydney Hale Co. | Arlington, VA With a double wick to ensure you don’t waste any of the deliciously aromatic soy wax, this candle has fifty hours of burn time, Agave + Honeysuckle Soy Candle, $28.
Tell us about the best Valentine’s day gift you ever gave (or received) below for a chance to win this Southern made roll up shave kit.
The contest begins today and ends Monday, February 3. Official rules here.