Tweet! Tweet! Twitter Chat With Grumpy

May 15, 2014 | By | Comments (161)

Twitter chat

Grumpy realizes how frustrating it is not to be able to converse with the High Pundit of Horticulture in real-time. Well, whimper with your laptop no longer! This coming Monday, May 19, you’ll be able to chat LIVE with the Grump on Twitter for an entire hour beginning at 1 PM EDT! And there will be prizes!!

We will now pause for a moment you place your face into a paper sack to control your hyperventilating. Better? Good. All you have to do tweet with Grumpy is log on to Twitter and go to @grumpy_gardener or @Rubbermaid. Or join chat at #gardenchat. (One of them will work.) We’ll talk all about the gardening tasks you should be doing now. Plus, you can ask me any gardening question you want and be assured of a 1001% correct answer ever time. Heck, if I’m feeling the love, I might even reveal the name of the lovely rose above.

Did Someone Say Prizes?
Why, yes. As if tweeting with Grumpy wasn’t enough of a reward to last a lifetime, we’re throwing in some extras. There will be four $250 Home Depot gift cards for those with nimble brains who can be the first to correctly answer my clever gardening questions and requests. If you’re so inclined, use them to procure the following fine products made by the good folks at Rubbermaid. Twitter ChatA nifty 10-quart cooler — perfect for stocking with chilled adult beverages for an afternoon of sitting and relaxing in the sun with your sweetie reading The Grumpy Gardener. Twitter chatA 45-quart cooler with wheels and a handle so you can pull it behind as you rush from the parking lot to your beachside condo, crack open a cold one, and savor The Grumpy Gardener. Twitter chatA 32-gallon trash can, the perfect size for printing out everything Grumpy has written on The Grumpy Gardener that has offended you, crumpling it up, and tossing it in.

Excited? Of course, you are! So don’t miss out! Tweet with Grumpy this Monday, May 19, at 1 PM EDT. Be there or be square.

Boring Contest Rules I am Legally Forced to Mention http://www.southernliving.com/giftcard-giveaway-rules

COMMENTS

We have one more winner. Sherry Bracey.

June 5, 2014 at 6:15 am
  2. Julie Fields

Still waiting to see the rest of the winners… (looks like we will have more than four winners). Weren’t their four questions asked?

June 4, 2014 at 1:07 pm
  3. Demmy

For those of us that don’t “twitter” what ia the name of that beautiful lavender rose pictures here?

May 26, 2014 at 2:55 pm
  4. Lisa Cox

Grumpy, I just found you on the web when searching for azalea pruning instructions. I love your advice and your clear instructions. Any chance you’ll tell those of us who did not make the chat the name of that beautiful rose?

May 25, 2014 at 11:26 am
  5. Cristy Giddens

Steve, we have s Japanese maple with burgandy colored foliage, now ther are some small yellow spots on some of the leaves, any ideas what it is and what we should do?

May 25, 2014 at 8:21 am
  6. Patricia Shank

I have about 15 or more crepe myrtle trees which have bloomed nicely. We had a bad winter here in PA. It is May 24 and I have new growth at the bottom of most of the crepe myrtles but no leaves on the branches. Is this normal, do you think they died over the hard winter. Should the branches all have leaves on them by now. I will be heartbroken if they all died. I have one that is covered in leaves in a protected area but it also may be a different kind. Please comment. My name is PAT

May 24, 2014 at 7:03 pm
  7. Julie Fields

Will there be more winners? I thought there were four questions that were prize questions. Thanks Julie Fields.

May 23, 2014 at 9:50 am
  8. sherry1285

Been tweeting to you Grumpy… You have to follow me before I can DM you my info!! Please & Thank You! This is @sherrybracy Hope your having a great day!

May 21, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Due to an error of Grumpy’s part during the chat (the first one that has EVER occurred), it looks like we will have more than four winners who correctly answered that a cooked tomato is healthier than an uncooked one (because cooking releases antioxidants). Winners named so far –Amy Schwarzot, Tinha Fitzgerald, Anna Pry, and CR Williams. Congrats!

May 21, 2014 at 12:20 pm
  10. Gloria

Missed #gardenchat ’cause I was digging out rampant asiatic jasmine!

May 19, 2014 at 3:37 pm