Hey Ladies, What’s the Secret to Your Beauty?

Beauty

No one knows beauty quite like a Southern woman. That’s why we want to hear from you. From the topic of pearls to hairspray, let us in the secrets to your Southern style. Breeze through this questionnaire, and then tell us in the comments what’s the key to radiant, everyday beauty. Your responses may appear in an upcoming issue!

COMMENTS

1. Bonnie McGee

I have read all of the comments above and don’t see anything that I disagree with. I LOVE being a Southerner. One thing I tell people from other parts of the world is that we are “givers”. We give to those people and pets who need our help. We give from the center of our hearts. It may not always be money but we do give until it helps. ♥

July 17, 2014 at 7:17 am
  2. Annie M. Cole

My mother taught me to communicate with grace and to always show kindness. By treating others with courtesy and kindness, you’re saying, “I respect you,” and “You matter to me”. I’ve also learned to surround myself with simple beauty. A vase of fresh cut flowers for your home or office, even if it’s only a bouquet of Queen Anne’s Lace, can really brighten your day!

July 16, 2014 at 2:46 pm
  3. Barbara B Tucker

I became a Southerner by choice; by marriage. After college, I moved to (Southern) Virginia and fell in love with the south before I fell in love with my husband. I picked my husband carefully by making sure he had a true Southern “Mama”. I learned everything about Southern graciousness, hospitality and style from my (dearly loved but departed) Mother-in Law who was the manifestation of a genteel Southern woman. A Southern woman exudes class, humbleness and grace in every situation while wearing a carefully chosen “outfit”, pearls, a monogrammed hankie and carrying a casserole for whomever may need it.

June 27, 2014 at 9:58 pm
  4. free instagram follower app

If some one wishes to be updated with most recent technologies afterward he must be pay a quick visit this web page and be up to date every day.

June 25, 2014 at 12:33 am
  5. BelhavenGirlInTexas

Southern Beauty is graciousness, compassion, kindness and friendliness, wherever you are, whatever you’re doing. Simply being a lady, however you look.

June 4, 2014 at 12:29 pm
  6. Hannah Beth

I was taught to be polite and smile. Nana always said beauty is as beauty does. Of course, it never hurts to “put on some color!”

June 3, 2014 at 9:33 am
  7. Sally Franklin

Southern women’s secret beauty weapons are our manners and our sense of humor.

June 1, 2014 at 4:51 pm
  8. Catherine McCune

The secret to my beauty? Manners and compassion. Plain and simple. (That’s what makes someone beautiful in my eyes.)

June 1, 2014 at 12:30 pm
  9. Kathy

I think kindness is the best beauty secret.

May 31, 2014 at 5:21 pm
  10. Natalie

My best Southern Gal style secret is to never leave home without at least having on earring and mascara. A sweet smile and charming personality will take care of the rest!

May 29, 2014 at 2:55 pm
  11. Emily Whitley

A big welcoming smile is a wonderful accessory. I also think that having your own style and not having to follow the herd sets one apart. Be yourself…there is only one you.

May 29, 2014 at 7:47 am
  12. susan cope

Southern beauty truly comes from within. When you have respect for yourself and respect for others, you project a confidence that puts others at ease and that is the basis of both Southern hospitality and beauty

May 28, 2014 at 6:04 pm
  13. linda g davidson

Being proud of my southern heritage glistens in my face, my speech and walk. So girlie!

May 28, 2014 at 4:35 pm
  14. Stewart Clement

My secret weapon is the tinted moisturizer! Mary Kay has a great CC cream and Benefit cosmetics has a great liquid to matte. Love these!!

May 28, 2014 at 3:20 pm
  15. twochunkybitches

Reblogged this on Two Chunky Bitches and commented:
    I have a love of all things Southern.
    -Caitlin

May 28, 2014 at 2:21 pm
  16. Mari Thomas

4 simple things all southern women can do 1) feel beautiful in her own skin, 2) be humble at all times 3)be able to glow under pressure 4) keep them wanting more. These are what makes us beautiful!

May 28, 2014 at 1:42 pm
  17. Cheri Pollock

My grandmother taught me that pearls are appropriate for any occasion, less is always more, and your outfit should have one “statement” piece. I’ve never gone wrong following that worthy advice and have passed those same words along to my daughter…….oh and the ever famous….”remember who you are and whose you are”!! :))

May 28, 2014 at 12:14 pm
  18. Courtney

More than a string of pearls or big hair, what makes a southern woman beautiful is the art of being gracious and the ability to put anyone at ease with a smile.
    When I think of southern women, I think of Julia, Mary Joe, Suzanne and Charlene (Designing Women). All different and unique but all truly southern.

May 28, 2014 at 12:14 pm
  19. Ben-Ann Shelton

My grandmother taught me to wear the pearls in fact gave me my first string for my Country Club dance. Also stand straight, smile, and we all equal ..no one better than the other. Kindness and gentleness go a long way..

May 28, 2014 at 11:45 am
  20. Jeanie Noble

Make up*

May 28, 2014 at 11:41 am
  21. Jeanie Noble

My grandmother always told me (when it comes to wearing make up) Lips or Eyes, never both. In other words, you don’t have to cake on the make, just accentuate your best assets <3

May 28, 2014 at 11:37 am
  22. patsy walters

White cotton blouse with collar turned up, pearl studs – dress up or down in South

May 28, 2014 at 11:36 am
  23. stacyblaise

I think being comfortable in your own skin is key to Southern beauty. A distinct style and confidence exude a true Southern woman.

May 28, 2014 at 11:13 am
  24. Marlene

Pearls, the lighter, the better, and iced sweet tea.

May 28, 2014 at 9:31 am
  25. Sheila Langheim Davis

As my mother taught me, nothing finishes your look like a strand of good pearls.

May 28, 2014 at 9:05 am
  26. Kimberly

Secret to my beauty- a genuine smile.

May 27, 2014 at 8:10 pm
  27. Andi

Always be you, there’s nothing as stunning as a woman that knows herself and shows it.

My beauty secret weapon: authenticity (haircolor doesn’t count, of course, that’s just an accessory).

May 27, 2014 at 7:39 pm
  28. honeyforbear

Southern girls may be notorious for big hair (higher the hair, closer to God!) but I think what gives us that undeniable elegance is the simplicity. We have a classic, natural beauty that we continue to rely on which sets us apart and allows us to age with grace. No one ever looked bad in a string of pearls and a sundress.

May 27, 2014 at 4:35 pm