As the long weekend approaches, the chatter around the office is all about our toes. Vain, I know, but we can’t very well be prancing around in sandals for four days with our nails a mess. Last month, we guided you in finding the best polish to suit your personality. This time, we look at the most fun part of picking a new shade: the name. “Starter Wife” anyone? Here, our favorite five hues with Southern-inspired monikers that help you show off your Dixie love from head-to-toe. Plus, matching sandals!
1. Austin-Tatious Turquoise. A jewel tone is elegant against a black-and-white backdrop. Shoes: Madewell The Thea Sandals in Ticking Stripe, $98
Photos courtesy Essie; Rowen
2. Essie’s Foot Loose. The sandal’s jewels play off the purple tones of the polish. Shoes: Seosto Miucci, Calley; $130
3. Essie’s Miami Nice. Whether you consider Miami Southern or not, you can’t deny this pink is as hot as the city’s it’s named after. The flats enhance the tropical feel. Shoes: J. Crew Collection Woven Raffia Tie-Front Sandals, $268
4. OPI’s Y’all Come Back Ya Hear? Let the vibrancy of this color stand out with a neutral (and super cool) sandal. Shoes: Rowen, Thompsonl; $62.50
Photos courtesy OPI;
5. Essie’s Scarlett O’Hara. Any modern-day Scarlett knows faux snakeskin is an easy ticket to looking luxe. Shoes: Rebecca Minkoff Lore Sandals, $95
6. Sally Hansen’s Mudslide. With the flat’s hand-painted motifs and the polish’s demure appeal, this pairing is as sweet as a Mississippi Mudslide. Shoes: Ancient Greek Sandals Clio Painted, $240
7. Sally Hansen’s Peach of Cake. The floral embellishments of these chic espadrilles enhances the peachy tones of the polish. REDVALENTINO Embellished Espadrille Sandals, $177
8. Essie’s Dive Bar. What better way to end a summer night than by eating a greasy grilled cheese and dancing to live music at your local dive (hey Marty’s!)? Neon sandals ensure the dark hue isn’t serious. Shoes: Charles Keith Multi Colour Sandals, $43
Did we miss any Southern-inspired colors you love? Tell us in the comments!