Every Monday we bring you the Southern Living Hot List, a roundup of the five latest and greatest things to hit the South. Consider it your weekly update on our region’s most buzzworthy food, culture, and style news.
1. Head for the Shoals. If you’re in the North Alabama region today, be sure to check out the Shoals Labor Day Music Festival. Jason Isbell will be headlining, and three stages of performers will entertain you during the all-day festival. General admission tickets are $25, VIP are $100.
2. Style yourself Southern. Designers, entertainers, artists, and retailers will take over Broughton Street for Savannah’s Fashion Night on Thursday, Sept. 4. The pedestrian-only shopping environment will showcase Savannah’s fashion, art, and design offerings, culminating with a fashion show.
3. Check out the Volunteer State’s Fair. From Sept. 5 to 14, the Tennessee State Fair celebrates the flavors of the state with craft brewers, artisan distillers, local foods, arts, and entertainment. The fair is at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville, and tickets start at $6.
4. Find your new favorite beer . If you are in the Atlanta region on Saturday, Sept. 6, check out the Great Atlanta Beer Fest at Turner Field. From 3 to 8 p.m., beer fans can choose from 200-plus beers, enjoy live music, and watch college football on the big screens. Tickets are $40 after Aug. 28 and $50 the day of the event.
5. Live to eat. The “We Live To Eat” New Orleans Restaurant Week kick-off party will be Wednesday, Sept. 3. at The Chicory in the Crescent City. The first open-to-the-public kick off celebration will give patrons a taste what is to come during WLTE Restaurant Week, Sept. 8 to 14. The event includes samplings from participating restaurants and drinks provided by Stella Artois and NOLA Brewing. Tickets are $25.