Steal some inspiration from our 2014 Idea House designed by Suzanne Kasler of Atlanta. This entryway takes advantage of its tall ceilings and abundant space with modern details such as six pendants, driftwood artwork, and oversized vases. It’s casual and elegant, yet structural and modern.
Want to create a similar look throughout your own home? Here’s Susan’s strategy:
1. Statuesque Lighting – Look for tall, concrete and brass-style lamps.
2. Low-Key Pairings – Steer clear from stark contrasts on accent fabrics.
3. Shapely Objects – Choose curvy, one-color vases and pots for filling in bookcases and nooks.
4. Something Surprising – Add geometric-shaped accessories among curvy ones.
5. Natural Element – Just like the greenery in the above entryway, live plants add the best splash of color.
6. Heavy Metals – Try an out-of-the-ordinary way to hide your living room television when it’s not in use, like this chain mail metal curtain (pictured above).
7. A Scene-Stealer – Gold fits in perfectly in modern decor, so pick something that catches your attention, like a decorative gold starburst.
8. Final Detail – Don’t forget to make personal touches. Love books? Stack them in a unique way to put them on display.