When food blogger, Courtney Bryant of The Little Dixie Cook, went gluten-free in 2009, she was determined that taking care of her health didn’t have to mean missing out on all her favorite foods—like breads, cakes, and muffins. Graciously, she’s sharing her very own gluten-free versions of our favorite Southern recipes. Tune in every other Tuesday for another delectable treat!
The Little Dixie Cook’s Gluten Free Granola
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ to 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cups GF oats
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a medium bowl, add coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, honey, brown sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add in oats, and use hands to mix well, making sure oats are coated evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pour oat mixture into an even layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with a bit more honey.
- Bake roughly 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Carefully lift the foil, and use hands to break granola into pieces. Store in airtight container.
Note: Feel free to add in any nuts/dried fruit you like!
For more gluten free recipes, be sure to check out @littledixiecook on Instagram.