We’ve teamed up with Carla Eustache of Style Perfect Events to bring you this adorable (and oh-so-easy) DIY pillow cover. Use a simple print to match a wide variety of décor, or select a funky pattern to jazz up a neutral room.
The Project: DIY No-Sew Pillow Cover
Timeline: 25 minutes
1 yd of Fabric Pillow Insert or Old Pillow
Iron-on Instant Bond Tape or Iron-on Liquid Stitch
- Place pillow insert on fabric and measure and mark 1 inch around the pillow for your seam. You will need 2 pieces of fabric, so make sure you have enough room on your fabric to measure and mark your second piece of fabric.
- Cut the fabric so that you have a piece that is one inch around your pillow, then cut your second piece of fabric.
- Place both pieces of fabric on top of each other, so that the right side or pretty side of the fabrics are facing together. Iron both pieces of fabric first before bonding together.
- Take your heat bonding tape or liquid stitch and place it along one edge of the fabric, then press the pieces of fabric together with an iron. Repeat this step for the other 2 sides of the fabric, keeping one side open so you can stuff your pillow inside the cover.
- Let the heat bonding cool for 2-3 minutes before turning your pillow inside out and stuffing your pillow. Once your pillow is inside the case, finish the project by placing another line of liquid stitch or heat bonding tape on the edge of the fabric, then press the pieces of fabric together with an iron.
We want to hear from you! What’s your latest DIY project?