Start your school year off on a festive note with a sassy locker makeover. Victoria picked Hollywood Glam for her theme this year. Zebra striped “wall paper” and hot pink accessories – including a hot pink chandelier – pull the look together. Victoria used double sided tape to hang her paper but if your school won’t allow that, use magnetic tape. Save money by using left over wrapping paper or make your own with a collage of magazine clippings, comic strips, markers, fabric scraps, and colored tape. Glue these onto the white backside of left over holiday wrapping paper. Check out the big box office supply stores and dollar stores for all types of locker accessories.
An easy and fashionable DIY solution to remembering your locker combination is a beaded bracelet. Victoria’s mom took a bag of beads and strung them onto stretchy cording using the combination numbers mixed in with other fun beads.
Other locker tips…
- Store extra pens, pencils, and notebooks in your locker.
- To keep ants & bugs at bay, take your lunchbox home each day.
- Stash a little cash for snacks or school supplies.
- Tidy-up Friday – this is the day to take all dirty gym clothes, loose papers, etc. home.
- For daily motivation, post positive phrases on your locker door – here are some of our favorites…
“Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” – Dr. Seuss
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain