Girl about town and owner of D.C.’s Salt & Sundry shops, Amanda McClements, shares the best buys that keep her fresh through the Capital’s sweltering summer.
1. An exfoliator that gives back: “This Salt Sugar Scrub ($24) leaves hands supersoft. Plus, when you buy a product, the brand donates a bar of soap and a month of clean water to kids in developing countries.”
2. Local treasures: “I like wearing long maxi dresses with statement pieces. Local jewelry designer Mallory Shelter makes lightweight earrings ($78) that really stand out.”
3. Natural hydration for your lips: “Former Food & Wine editor Kristin Donnelly started this line of all-natural lip balms ($6). I love that the flavors are inspired by food. The Old Fashioned is always in my pocket.”
4. Simple makeup application: “I like to go minimal with makeup in summer. The point on this Maybelline Liner ($4.79) is so fine that I can easily draw on a subtle cat-eye.”
5. Moisturizing secret: “People are afraid to use facial oils ($30) when it’s humid, but this is light and not greasy. Natural oils really soak into skin and moisturize.”