Win Tervis Wine Glasses, Shaker, Ice Bucket & Tote

December 11, 2015 | By and | Comments (33)
Photo: Laurey Glenn

Photo: Laurey Glenn

Hosting a holiday party usually goes hand in hand with a broken glass or two, and it can make us a bit skeptical to break out our fine crystal. Never fear – Tervis has released a holiday party game-changer.

Known for their signature tumblers, Tervis has turned their ever-popular product into a wine glass. With the holiday season at our heels, we love the thought of curling up by the fire with Wassail, sipping Pinot Noir on Christmas Day, and toasting with Champagne on New Year’s Eve. These double-walled pieces are equipped with a lifetime guarantee, and are perfect for entertaining, tailgating, camping, or even just hanging around the house. Five winners will take home two Tervis wineglasses, a Tervis cocktail shaker, canvas tote, and Tervis ice bucket, with their choice of colors and logos.

What’s your go-to idea for holiday entertaining? Comment below for a chance to win. Official rules here.

COMMENTS

1. Stephenie

Holiday go to: a couple of bottles of wine and warm pimento cheese dip with chips. Hot cocoa and decorate your own gingerbread men for the kiddos.

December 21, 2015 at 3:46 pm
  2. Allison

We have several go-to ideas when we have guest over but when all my kids are in town we always play a few rounds of the game Catch Phrase! We love competing against each other with that game after we eat a bowl of my homemade chicken/shrimp and sausage gumbo. When my kids leave to go back to their homes they always expect me to pack them up a few servings to eat for leftovers🙂

My go-to snack food that I always keep a few of in my freezer are delicious cheese and jalapenos cheddar log rolls that the Life Skills kids sell at our local high school. They are SO delicious and I love being able to support such a sweet group of kids. These kids have been selling these logs for 10 plus years to help pay their expenses to their state flag football tournament. This past year they went to a tournament in Waco, Texas at Baylor University and won first place! They were all so excited! These log rolls are made and sold by all the students and they take such pride in delivering their products every Thanksgiving and Christmas. We always have a few on hand over the holidays especially and some special bottles of wine chilling to serve with some of my favorite appetizers!

December 17, 2015 at 11:01 pm
  3. wherethestyledthingsare

Always have cream cheese and red pepper jelly or Boursin on hand!

December 17, 2015 at 4:55 pm
  4. Lauren

Always love to keep cream cheese and red pepper jelly just in case you need a quick appetizer! And try to keep something slow simmering on the stove to make it smell delicious…like apples and cinnamon and clove.

December 17, 2015 at 4:55 pm
  5. Laura B.

Me and my husband entertain several times a year with our family and work friends but the first Saturday of every December is the annual cookie decorating party at our house! I’ve hosted this event in our home every year for the past 12 years with 8 to 10 friends I went to grade school with. I almost always have a big pot of taco soup or chicken ‘n’ dumplins simmering on the stove and then everyone brings a side dish/dessert to share. It’s always a treat to try new dishes each year from my friends who are all excellent cooks!!

The cookie decorating idea actually was started for all of us back when we were in second grade. The entire 2nd grade team at our Elementary school let us all decorate gingerbread men during our class Christmas party the last day of school. We all had such fond memories of decorating them that we decided to make it a yearly event with our own kids. Everyone is invited to bring their grown kids and any older grandkids they have to the party where I set up stations to decorate. Everyone always has SO much fun personalizing their cookie! Luckily we have a long time Mexican bakery near us that makes the most delicious large cut out gingerbread men that I order every year as my contribution to the party. Everyone else brings the different candy and icings to do the decorating! Everyone saves a few to take home and nibbles on some at the party, as the adults sip on chilled wine and the kids drink apple cider. It’s a tradition that I hope to be able to host for many more years to come. Merry Christmas To All And To All A Good Night!! :-))

December 17, 2015 at 1:12 am
  6. Elise F.

My go-to for holiday entertaining always involves a couple of bottles of me and my friends favorite wines and a table full of yummy finger foods! Most of my friends love to bake so it’s always fun to try out a new cheese ball, cookie, hot dip or other delicious appetizer when we all get together!

It goes without saying that everyone who comes to my home for any holiday expects me to have made my great grandmother recipe for the MOST delicious cheese ball you’ve ever put in your mouth! The ingredients list consist of: Cream cheese, mayonnaise, fresh Parmesan cheese, beef lunch meat, finely chopped onions, prepared horseradish, chopped nuts and green olives. You can decorate it up extra pretty for the holidays with extra olives to add more red and green color to the top of the cheese ball! It can be spread on any kind of cracker but Ritz taste the best to me😉 Sometimes at Christmas I surprise my guest with their own cheese ball wrapped up to go in a pretty little tin to take home to share with their family!

December 16, 2015 at 11:43 pm
  7. John Prather

Autocorrected. That should read a basket of… Not backstage. Sorry

December 15, 2015 at 9:35 pm
  8. John Prather

Meet guests at the door always. Laid back casual with a well stocked bar and great food. Relaxed atmosphere. Backstage of throws nod shawls around. No. If bowls of nut crackers and nuts to crack. I encourage my guests to help themselves.

December 15, 2015 at 9:34 pm
  9. Susan Hatcher

We plan a couples’ appetizer potluck. Everyone brings an appetizer platter or two to share. Anyone who chooses adult beverages brings their own. Host and Hostess provide the plates, cups and such. Then after fun, yummy eating, we play many rounds of Catch Phrase. We call it the Divas against the Dummies…sorry men!! .

December 15, 2015 at 12:28 pm
  10. marijka

We play round-robin Scrabble throughout the evening! Whoever happens to pass the table takes a turn and records their score. Often the youngest has the best word!

December 15, 2015 at 11:59 am
  11. Diana Barnes

A big bowl of eggnog for the grown ups and an ornament exchange for the kids. A big fire in the fireplace and a place for the hunters to hang their camouflage.

December 14, 2015 at 12:44 pm
  12. Erica Lambert

Keep it simple! Enjoy friends and family instead of spending all your time I the kitchen!

December 14, 2015 at 8:19 am
  13. Katie

We hang cute ornaments around the necks of wine bottles, maple syrup, olive oil and vinegars we give as gifts to friends and neighbors. This year I found sparkly trees made from wine corks at Crate & Barrel.

December 13, 2015 at 2:51 pm
  14. Janet

I love a good mulled wine ready for guests!!

December 13, 2015 at 2:14 pm
  15. Kathy

Paperplates & solo cups buffet style, oh & lots of cheeseballs (you can make ahead)

December 13, 2015 at 2:08 pm
  16. Suzanne Parker

I love Tervis products and have a lot of it for Appalachian State, Carolina Panthers, UNC Charlotte, ECU, and Clemson!

December 13, 2015 at 2:00 pm
  17. amy williams

I love to do wine tastings and charcuterie/cheese with bite sized desserts. Game nights are always fun too!

December 13, 2015 at 1:54 pm
  18. Allison

Wine!

December 13, 2015 at 1:52 pm
  19. Anna Kline

Love Tervis. Great products.

December 12, 2015 at 5:43 pm
  20. Meredith Pinkerton

Yummy dips from our local specialty grocery, my mom’s famous artichoke dip, and lots of wine.🙂

December 12, 2015 at 8:03 am
  21. Leah H.

I am all about a good cheese and charcuterie plate!

December 11, 2015 at 8:55 pm
  22. Laura

For drinks, we keep beer and wine on hand for adults, and cocoa and cider on hand for the kids. Our savory foods include rich cheeses, vegetables to balance out the fattening fare, and something involving bacon. Our sweet foods include fruits, chocolate, and something red velvet. We have an awesome holiday playlist, craft stuff to keep the kids busy, and a home ready to welcome our loved ones.

December 11, 2015 at 7:23 pm
  23. Kim G

Homemade fudge and Chex mix is always a hit and easy to keep on hand. Hard cider is my current go to drink but a well stocked bar has everybody covered!

December 11, 2015 at 4:03 pm
  24. Donnie Johnson

After we eat, we have a nice glass of Brandy & a smoke, while the ladies either sit & visit or some times they want to help clean up in the kitchen. I think they have an extra bottle of wine in there. Any way everyone stays the night. And the next morning its headaches all around.

December 11, 2015 at 2:38 pm
  25. Kathleen

I have a whole food safe full of homemade pepper jelly & preserves in decorated jars that I can share with holiday visitors. It’s nice to be able to give guests something to take home with them.

December 11, 2015 at 2:17 pm
  26. Michele

The key to holiday entertaining is advance preparation. In the summertime, I make plenty of homemade pepper jelly and keep it on hand for gift giving and holiday parties. The first week of November is the perfect time to stock the freezer with large batches of cheese straws, pie crusts and French macarons. But my favorite holiday treat is a batch of homemade limoncello. It takes five weeks to make, so I always start it in October so that it’s ready by Thanksgiving. I keep it in the freezer in a pretty bottle and it is always a treat for friends and family.

December 11, 2015 at 12:30 pm
  27. karen s

Holidays can be stressful, so I like to keep it simple. An olive bar with assorted crackers is my go-to for entertaining. There are so many different types of olives and relishes today, as well as crackers. Served in festive bowls and trays, no one will know it took just a few minutes to put together.

December 11, 2015 at 12:14 pm
  28. James Osier

Fritos and Bean Dip (jalapeno kind) mmmmmmm
    And cookies.
    Lots of cookies.
    Oh, and mincemeat pie.
    Better have some queso too.
    Meat. I forgot meat.
    A cheeseball. (jalapeno)
    Did I put cookies on this list?
    Cookies
    Probably gonna need some wine.
    Beer.
    Bourbon,
    Wine (that first bottle’s gone already)
    Gonna need more meat.
    I guess that’ll do it.
    Anything else, bring it.

December 11, 2015 at 12:03 pm
  29. Janice Gallaway

For short notice and on the run, we like cocktail meatballs in a yummy honey mustard barbeque sauce and a smoked salmon platter. That and a glass of wind and we are good to go.

December 11, 2015 at 11:35 am
  30. Lizana

Stuffed brie en croute. Easy and quick to assemble; looks great plated; and always a popular hors d’oevuves.

December 11, 2015 at 11:10 am
  31. margaret campbell

Carolina whisky in my nog!

December 11, 2015 at 10:45 am
  32. Lynn Welch

Make it personal. For our Christmas party, I purchase inexpensive glasses and decorative chalkboard decals. I place a decal on each glass and write each party-goer’s name on a decal. The decorations are always beautiful, and the food is delicious. But everyone comments on the personalized glasses. It really is the thought that counts.

December 11, 2015 at 10:31 am
  33. clmdukes

I always keep a nice box of crackers, jar of pepper jelly and brick of cream cheese on hand in case of surprise visitors. The red or green in the jelly is quite festive!!!

December 11, 2015 at 10:04 am