Take Home An Italian Suede Bucket Bag from Uno Alla Volta

February 8, 2016 | By and | Comments (40)
Photo Courtesy of Una Alla Volta

Photo Courtesy of Uno Alla Volta

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and a bucket bag from Uno Alla Volta is just what we’re asking for. Whether you’re looking for a bright pop of color to jazz up dreary winter neutrals or you’re just a fan of Italian suede – the Florentine Bucket Bag in Pink Suede will be a chic addition to your closet.

Each handbag is meticulously handcrafted in Florence, Italy by sisters Alessandra and Elisabetta. The style-conscious duo creates the 12″ by 14″ bag with a light pink suede base, a hand-cut deep grey suede tassel, and braided leather handles.

What’s your dream Valentine’s Day date? Comment below for a chance to win. Official rules here.

COMMENTS

1. Amy Allison

My husband and I’s dream Valentine’s Date would turn into an over the top love day adventure and would go a little something like this . . .

My husband and I would be out having our romantic dinner one week before the big love day so that we could avoid the crowds wanting to romance their significant others. We would be eating our Filet and Salmon and chatting and laughing with our server that ends us being an imposter. We would never have thought this because she would know the menu, wouldn’t knock any dishes off her tray or spill a drink on my lap. We would learn that she was a representative with Southern Living magazine and would be on the hunt to find daring, energetic & fun couples. We would fit that criteria! She would ask us to be a part of a magazine feature that was going to be similar to the reality show, Amazing Race, but with a Southern Sweet theme for Valentine’s Day. Being the adventurous couple we are, we of course would say, “yes!” This was going to be a Valentine’s to remember!

The magazine would let us know the event would take only three days starting that coming Friday, in a town with an Italian city name in the state that loves houndstooth print. We would be picked up from our home that morning and given another clue to find out where to go. The car, would end up being a stretch Jeep Wrangler limousine and our driver, none other than, Southern native, Rutledge Wood speed racer from the show Top Gear. It would be a race for goodness sake!

Rutledge would hand us our first clue, as we sipped mimosas, that stated the place we would need to get to in the Southern Italian named city was the only floating restaurant in that area, and there we would be required to purchase one of the whole desserts they were known for and share the love by delivering it by water to a tug boat captain one mile down river. We would already have figured out the city was Florence, Alabama and then would realize we had been to the place. We would be on our way to Stanfield’s River Bottom Grille. This race would be starting out great, especially since my husband and I love being on the water and boating. We would tell Rutledge to step on it!

From the Captain, we would receive Clue 2. We would be told to stay off the interstates because this was an off-the-beaten path expedition, and in a town with Sweet in its name we would be required to snap of photo of ourselves by America’s largest underground lake. Lucky for us, Rutledge would know this place as they had filmed an episode down Hwy 11, one of the oldest highways in the country. We would be off to The Lost Sea in Sweetwater, Tennessee.

Upon completing our task in Sweetwater we would be given Clue 3 and rewarded with Kaleidoscope Chocolates from an Austin, Texas shop, Maggie Louise Confections which look like their own type of art swirled with vibrant colors and are almost too pretty to eat. The chocolates we would soon realize were our inspiration for an upcoming challenge that we were to complete. We would be required to decorate as perfect as possible a dozen Gigi’s Cupcakes with their signature swirl and deliver them to a birthday party where we would then receive our next clue.

Clue 4 would state our Pit Stop for the day would be where complimentary sunset cruises, candlelight desserts & a breakfast buffet are the norm for every stay there on Douglas Lake. At this point we would make a quick search and find out that Mountain Harbor Inn in Dandridge, Tennessee was the place this had to be. It couldn’t get much more romantic than candles and sweet treats. Once we would make it there, we would have the night off from filming our already wild adventure. Our dinner this evening, after our boat cruise, would be a short ten minute drive, or rather ride for us since Rutledge would still be our driver, to Angelo’s At The Point, and with an address of Boat Dock Drive, we would know it was right up our alley. After dinner, we would barely make it back to the Inn in time to enjoy that brownie with fudge and triple scoop of ice cream by candlelight before drifting off to dreamland.

Upon waking on Saturday morning, we would receive a couple’s massage before collecting Clue 5 which would read: Before making your way back across the great state of Tennessee, you will need to find a brewery with a Hot Mama and chocolate creation in a town known for the Choo Choo. We of course would know this was Chattanooga, but what brewery would be the question. We would first go to a wrong one and then get directed to Chattanooga Brewing Company. Here, we would savor the Chestnut Street Brown Ale, with a subtle chocolate flavor, and I’m pretty sure the Hot Mama blend was probably named after me. It was of course a race to savor Southern Sweet Spots!

We would eat lunch at the brewery before jaunting off to our next stop, mainly because Clue 6 informed us a distillery would be involved, but that Jack wouldn’t be there. Instead of winding our way around a road lined with black soot covered trees and admiring the natural serene setting on the way to Lynchburg we instead would head further south in the state to Kelso, Tennessee where Prichard’s Distillery is located. After we received Clue 7 and my sweetie had taste tested some Sweet Lucy, we would be in a rush to get to Lairdland Farm Bed & Breakfast in Cornersville, Tennessee. This would be the pit stop for the day, and the first two couples to arrive would get to stay in one of the two refurbished log cabins. We of course would be one of the lucky couples. This B&B is far from ordinary, and while it could be considered down on the farm no boots would be needed, thank goodness. Once we were checked in we would relax on the front porch, with a bottle of wine we picked up somewhere along the way and find our last Clue for the trip.

Our final clue would let us know that after our whirlwind sweet filled escapade we were to make our way to a house named after a candy bar for a special Valentine’s dinner. After a conversation we would have with the B&B owner we would find out we were only 20 minutes away from the Milky Way Farm located in Pulaski, Tennessee. The farm was purchased by Frank Mars after the success of, you guessed it, the Milky Way. Talk about a sweet home! The dining table there is so large it seats 48 people, which was the perfect setting for us and the other teams that we just completed a sweet race with. We knew we would be making friends at our dinner that night and more than likely finishing with some fine dessert, probably made with chocolate, nougat & caramel!

Waking up Sunday would mean our dream Valentine weekend and Southern Sweet race had come to an end, and boy I am glad that it was a dream because I know I ate way more calories than I needed. But hey, isn’t that what Valentine’s Day is for?

(Essay is original content by Amy Allison and never before published)

February 12, 2016 at 9:20 am
  2. Marge woods

A walk in the woods, find a quiet spot by a stream, picnic with Italian wine, antipasto, and tiramisu for dessert. Then just lie back, hold hands and listen to nature around us.

February 12, 2016 at 9:05 am
  3. Susan Hatcher

My dream date would be staying home with my husband grilling us steaks. A nice salad, twice baked potato, a bottle of wine and a slice of cheesecake. Some soft lit candles on the table and the night is still young.

February 11, 2016 at 12:58 pm
  4. Maggie

My dream Valentine’s date would actually a dinner party with friends and my boyfriend/husband. The scene in Julie & Julia where Julia Child’s and her husband have the great dinner party with friends in Paris with the pinned on hearts and fantastic food would be my ideal; getting to share your love for one another is what the day is all about regardless of your marital status!

February 11, 2016 at 12:16 pm
  5. Lynn Welch

My dream Valentine’s Day date is spending the day at Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC, with my husband. After touring Biltmore House, we would eat lunch at the Stable Cafe, which features fabulous Southern cuisine. Our next estate stop would be a visit to the “Fashionable Romance: Wedding Gowns in Film” exhibit, featuring movie costumes and Vanderbilt family heirlooms. Next, we would erase winter’s chill with hot chocolate by the fireplace at the Village Hotel on Biltmore Estate and end our day-long date with a romantic dinner for two at Biltmore’s Bistro.

February 9, 2016 at 8:29 pm
  6. Anna

I am in Florence Italy for Valentine’s Day so I hope to get a ride on a cute guys moped like in the Lizzie McGuire Movie!

February 9, 2016 at 2:03 pm
  7. Heather Brown

Just staying at home, ordering takeout and watching some comedy shows without any interruption!

February 9, 2016 at 11:21 am
  8. Emily

My dream Valentine date would be with my sweet hubby of 25 years, a glass of wine, and pizza. My son, now 19 and a college freshman, has made our homemade heart shaped pizza since he was age 3. This year my hubby and I will enjoy our pizza while on a trip to San Francisco. My son has told me that I’m the only girl he will make pizza for, but I have a feeling he’s going to change his mind!

February 9, 2016 at 6:59 am
  9. Slade Geiger

The perfect date would be fine dining, seeing a Broadway show & a luxurious hotel suite! No kids or clean up required! Just time to focus on the one we LOVE!

February 9, 2016 at 4:44 am
  10. Lisa Christopher Grimes

A quiet dinner at home, good music, a fire in the fireplace, and a light dessert.

February 9, 2016 at 4:36 am
  11. Ginny Stalker

My dream Valentine’s Day date takes place at home. My husband and I are so busy. It would be a real treat to stay home for dinner and a movie in front of the fireplace. Okay, if I am really dreaming, a chef-prepared dinner would be nice!

February 8, 2016 at 10:18 pm
  12. karen s

My dream Valentine’s Day date would start by both my husband and I turning off our phones so we could concentrate on each other. He would fire up the grill and prepare for me my favorite – rib eye steak and grilled corn on the cob. My steak would be cooked to perfection like only he can do. While he is grilling, I would be in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on his favorite homemade dessert – banana pudding. It’s the first dessert I ever made for him 34 years ago. I guess it was pretty good as he proposed to me that very same night. We would sit, enjoy our meal and converse with each other. Afterwards, we would put on some music and do a little dancing to our favorite tunes. We would end the evening side by side in the hammock, gazing at the stars while we sip a glass of wine. Sometimes it’s the simple, uncomplicated things in life that I wish for the most.

February 8, 2016 at 10:03 pm
  13. Julie L

My ideal Valentine’s Day date would be a backpacking trip! While camping when I was little, my mom pointed to the sky and said “the best hotel in the city is only Five Stars, but we are lucky to have 1,000 Stars tonight!” I’ve loved sleeping outdoors ever since! Fortunately, I married someone with similar interests and who happens to be a human furnace. He’d keep me warm outside in our “1,000 Star” accommodations!

February 8, 2016 at 9:29 pm
  14. Shirley hale

Love this bag, so beautiful

February 8, 2016 at 8:06 pm
  15. Sloan

Beautiful bag!

February 8, 2016 at 7:21 pm
  16. Meg

Nice

February 8, 2016 at 7:13 pm
  17. Sherri

Candlelight dinner at home cooked buy my husband and then snuggling on the couch to watch a movie. A James Bond movie would be great.

February 8, 2016 at 6:52 pm
  18. Michele

Dream date is dinner by candle light with piano music in the background. Just the 2 of us with dancing after dinner.

February 8, 2016 at 6:40 pm
  19. Kathy Hamlett

Catfish dinner and a romantic comedy plus chocolate always chocolate

February 8, 2016 at 6:36 pm
  20. Sara Hawker

Hiking and having my husband make dinner.

February 8, 2016 at 6:33 pm
  21. Julie

My husband is taking our 5yr old out for their first Valentine’s Daddy/Daughter dinner. So this year my dream date is taking my 8 yr son out & simply enjoying be “present” in the moment. Life’s too short!

February 8, 2016 at 6:32 pm
  22. Peach’s mommy

Sweet Sophistication.

February 8, 2016 at 6:27 pm
  23. Nora

Valentine’s Day is a double celebration for my husband, a Valentine’s baby, and I! Our dream date would be a romantic getaway to Charleston, SC!

February 8, 2016 at 6:23 pm
  24. Sydney Lyda

My boyfriend and I live in Tallahhasee, Fl and we’re going to eat oysters in Aplachicola and watch the sunset at Alligator Point on the beach!

February 8, 2016 at 6:20 pm
  25. Jennifer LeMay

My dream Valentine’s Day date would be a picnic in the park with my husband and our dogs. Chocolate croissants and champagne would also be included🙂

February 8, 2016 at 6:19 pm
  26. Laini Farris

Dinner & a movie

February 8, 2016 at 6:19 pm
  27. sweatystaceyp

My perfect valentine’s date would be me, the hubs and our bikes riding all day with a picnic for lunch!

February 8, 2016 at 6:17 pm
  28. jennifer hunt

Drinks on the beach with my husband of 11 years.

February 8, 2016 at 6:16 pm
  29. Fred Holmes

Dream Valentine date would be a relaxing gondola ride and dining at a luxurious restaurant with my wife.

February 8, 2016 at 6:10 pm
  30. Chloe

I’m simple I suppose. A nice dinner, a good conversation. A museum before if we need something to talk about.

February 8, 2016 at 6:09 pm
  31. Jill Lucas

I’d like to go back to college dating days, where we walked to local restaurants, carefully choose budget friendly meals and always shared desserts.

February 8, 2016 at 6:08 pm
  32. Kathleen

Taking a boat out to the middle of the Okefenoke & cutting off the motor to listen to the stillness. Visiting the swamp park, train spotting, then the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet in Folkston for supper.

February 8, 2016 at 3:31 pm
  33. Kristen Ingebretson

We aren’t big Valentine’s Day fans, I’d rather avoid the crowds and keep it low key. Cooking a delicious dinner together, sharing a bottle of wine, and cuddling in front of a good movie works for me!

February 8, 2016 at 3:13 pm
  34. Anna Robertson

My dream dat would be to go hear Will Johnson at the premiere Standard Deluxe Pea Ridge Listening room in Waverly and then grab some wine from Whippoorwill Vineyards and go stay in the haunted hotel room at the Hotel Talisi. It is still being rebuilt from the fire- but this is my dream right?

February 8, 2016 at 1:55 pm
  35. Joyce

We’re old and tired and busy now, but when I think back to our first Valentine’s Day, I would love to recreate it. It was a Sunday and we had a champagne brunch at a beautiful restaurant in downtown Pensacola, and then we went to his place where we spent the rest of the day at his house with chocolate, more champagne, and the delight of each other’s company.

I wouldn’t trade our life now for anything, but every once in a while I miss those early, simple days.

February 8, 2016 at 12:53 pm
  36. Linda Haley

My sweet husband has an aversion to crowds so we have actually never gone out on Valentine’s Day in our 25 years of marriage, preferring to grill out or pick up Chinese. But, since I’m allowed to dream … I’d love to go back to Charleston where we spent our honeymoon, tour some of the gardens and historic homes, ending with a seafood dinner at one of the local restaurants and a night at a Bed and Breakfast. I guess that date would morph into a Valentine’s get away!

February 8, 2016 at 11:21 am
  37. Marty

Valentine’s Day is also our anniversary. I thought setting the wedding on that date would help him remember the anniversary because there always is so much publicity about Valentine’s Day! However, in reality it is somewhat like having a birthday on Christmas Day. Which one is being celebrated? Luckily, there are more pluses than minuses for me. The first plus is that he does not forget our anniversary – ever. Second plus is that when we go to my favorite restaurant, the chef always has a wonderful special menu for Valentine’s Day. However, the restaurant also sends an email offering 1/2 off of a bottle of wine up to $50 for our anniversary, but not to be combined with other offers which makes the unusable offer a minus. The third plus is that he worries about a gift, so I get to pick one well in advance. He then wraps it and gives it to me on Valentine’s Day itself along with a box of Valentine’s Day artisan chocolates from my favorite chocolatier, a loving card, a bottle of delicious French Champagne, and a bouquet of beautiful flowers. An unexpected plus is that some of my friends send anniversary cards since they think the Feb. 14 wedding date was very special. I guess my Valentine’s Day/anniversary celebration is so much more than a dream date. It is actually a dream day!

February 8, 2016 at 10:31 am
  38. Claire Klein

If we’re talking about dreamin’… my ideal Valentine’s Day date would be a whirlwind through some of the best of the South–Louisville by day, Nashville by night!

My husband and I are spending our first Valentine’s together as Mr. & Mrs., and we both cherish any time we get to hop in the car for a road trip together, with just a couple of bags, some tunes and snacks, and a map for when the damn GPS doesn’t stop re-calculating. A gorgeous morning spent bourbon tasting in the Bluegrass with could only be properly topped off by an evening of two-stepping to a great band and indulging in some hot chicken in Music City!

February 8, 2016 at 10:28 am
  39. Kim Foster

A quiet dinner at home with chocolate for dessert.

February 8, 2016 at 9:49 am
  40. clmdukes

Going with my hubby to Ruth Chris and enjoying a luscious crabtini with a glass of champagne! !

February 8, 2016 at 9:40 am