Five Tips for A Beautifully Styled Bar Cart

Tips for A Beautifully Styled Bar Cart

Tips for A Beautifully Styled Bar Cart

Tips for A Beautifully Styled Bar Cart

Tips for A Beautifully Styled Bar Cart

Tips for A Beautifully Styled Bar Cart

Today I’m sharing five tips to help you style the perfect bar cart for your next party! A bar cart is a wonderful investment since it is a classic piece that can be utilized in a variety of creative ways, such as displaying drinks, or even plants, books, towels, etc. With Easter just around the corner, I know I’ll be using our serving cart to entertain family and friends. So here are five tips to help you style the ultimate bar cart for your next holiday or gathering!

1. Pick a Color Palette and Stick to it. It’s no surprise that I picked blue and green (since that’s the color palette throughout my house)! I started with beautiful mix and match vases–like these Bluestone Terra Cotta Vases from Birch Lane. Look for vases that have patterns in the color of choice, then add solid vases that are in the same color family, such as these Conley Vases. Finally, I went for a larger vase, like the Otto Vase, for the top of the cart in order to add texture.
  2. Invest in a Tray. Trays always tie everything together. I loved this white textured shell tiled oval tray that not only complimented the vases, but also the gold cart! It’s an instant way to make your cart look clean and chic. I’d also recommend using a platter to hold the garnishes. I personally love the Julianne Platter, which is a leaf bowl with a silver finish.
  3. Provide a Drink Menu. Your guests are probably going to be socializing, so don’t make them figure out the recipe for the cocktail that you’ve planned. Provide them with a beautiful menu that walks them through the recipe. I love how the combination of calligraphy and decorative paper adds an element of sophistication to any bar cart. Thus, Kara Anne from Kara Anne Paper created my cocktail menu, which was inspired by the designs on the vases.
  4. Provide Beautiful Cocktail Napkins. I’ve been eyeing the Halo Home by Kimberly Whitman designs for quite some time now. When I came across their brand, I instantly fell in love with their fringe monogram cocktail napkins. They actually were the inspiration for this entire look! Cocktail napkins are an easy way to add a beautiful and personal element to your bar cart.
  5. Pack a Punch with Flowers. Work with a local florist to dream up a floral design for your vases. I prefer a simple and classic look, so I stuck with one color–green.  Not only does it make a statement, but it also brings out the colors in the napkins and the artwork in the room. Special thanks to the girls at the Vine Garden Market who helped tie this entire look together! I really am so lucky to have The Vine girls right across the street.

See the full feature on Lavin Label.

Kelli Boyd Photography

COMMENTS

1. Kristie

Your bar cart is stunning! Great job.

xx,
    Kristie

March 13, 2016 at 10:54 am
  2. Mindy

This setup is absolutely stunning! Love the hydrangeas and the fringed napkins. The color scheme goes beautifully with the gold bar cart.

March 9, 2016 at 6:21 pm
  3. Monica Lavin, Lavin Label

Hi Lizana! I always pull in the hydrangeas (one of my favorites) from my yard when I have them! But I usually bring in a florist and get new napkins for the holidays — just a little something extra! Thanks for the tips, love the idea of decorating the cart with treasured accessories.

March 9, 2016 at 4:29 pm
  4. Monica Lavin, Lavin Label

Thanks, Kelley! I’ll have to check out Crate and Barrel! Thanks for the note!

March 9, 2016 at 4:26 pm
  5. Monica Lavin, Lavin Label

Thanks, Marianne. I love those cocktail napkins too! I appreciate the comment — going to check out your blog now!

March 9, 2016 at 4:25 pm
  6. Marianne | Basil and Bubbly

I love this classic styling and those fringed napkins are to DIE for. I think cutting your own flowers is great if you have the option of a garden ( or a green thumb!), but many of us do not, and are thrilled to have the option of a fabulous local florist!

March 9, 2016 at 12:16 pm
  7. Coastal Kelder

Your cart looks great! Our bar is a piece from Crate & Barrel, and I always try to have fresh clippings from the garden on it, and whatever funny cocktail napkins I picked up at the store.

March 9, 2016 at 11:52 am
  8. Lizana

Nice, but – custom napkins, designer vase, flowers by a florist? ‘Sounds unnecessarily expensive when most items to make your cart the focus of a gathering are probably in your on home and garden. Make your cocktail cart your own by showing off treasured accessories that you’ve collected and that are uniquely you. Snip stems and blooms from your own seasonal yard and garden.

March 9, 2016 at 9:31 am