I’m Not Dead Yet!

February 24, 2017 | By | Comments (13)

graveyard Im Not Dead Yet!

I know many of you have been greatly disturbed about the lack of Grumpy posts in 2017. You’ve found them to be a great source of comfort and wisdom in your life and suddenly, they’ve been yanked away! What happened? Is Grumpy in prison? Is Grumpy deceased?

No. I’m still here and I’m still writing the Grumpy Gardener. The reason you can’t find my posts is that the powers-that-be who send me my paycheck decided that starting in January 2017, my future posts would appear in a different place and they didn’t tell you. Imagine that!

So I guess it’s up to me. To read Grumpy Gardener posts in the future, click here. You will be taken to southernliving.com‘s garden page. Once you get there, you’ll have to scroll about to find me. Look for my stories under the “Popular” heading first. (Of course!) You’ll have to click on the title to see if I wrote it (so much easier…..). If you manage to find the Grumpy Gardener link and click on it, you can watch some very entertaining and informative Grumpy videos.

To help you get started, here are some of my recent Grumpy posts. Click on the titles and you’ll find the stories.

“What If Your Plants Were Hit by the Drought”

“The Case for Growing Quince”

“Here’s What You Should Never Prune in February”

If you still have trouble finding my pontifications, check my Grumpy Gardener Facebook page every week. I’ll post updates with links for every new story.

GRUMPY LIVES!

COMMENTS

1. Carla R Smith

really? how dumb is that? well, let me share with you – I’ll even make it simple – that is sooo dumb. I went to the page and almost ran. I stuck it out and found you but why I have to search so hard is silly. I don’t use Facebook. I mostly come to Southern Living for the Grumpy Gardener as do many others! so long and fare thee well. One more thing I have to give up because of the youngsters that just don’t care about their customers.

March 11, 2017 at 11:14 am
  2. Sue Kightlinger

Bugger those “powers that be” at Southern Living! I hate having to search for your question & answers. I just hope I can navigate the info and find you.

March 9, 2017 at 9:16 am
  3. Linda Doss

Dear Grumpy,
    I am old (not really) and grumpy and do not like change. I have hung in with SL through 40 years of good and bad (and the last 8 years were BAD). I want you back in print – tell the editor not to screw with me -I’ll quit and get all my friends to quit! Meanwhile, could you identify this heirloom daffodil I dug from an old homesite in Florence, AL and tell me why it has almost stopped blooming. It has been very healthy in my yard for the last 5 years, now all foliage-no flowers. Thanks! Hang in there. We love you and your grumpiness! Nevermind the ID part – I can’t figure out how to send a picture on here. Bummed.

March 8, 2017 at 6:16 pm
  4. catwoman

I want Grumpy back!!

March 8, 2017 at 10:30 am
  5. Paula duprey

Im so glad your back. Love your comments.

March 6, 2017 at 6:12 am
  6. Carrol Harris

How do you kill pampas grass roots? Thank you.

March 5, 2017 at 7:18 pm
  7. Lorie
    February 26, 2017 at 3:50 am
  8. Bruce Seward

Dear Grumpy,
    I assume you will take questions and not just comments.
    A while back you said that Sweet Caress Mahonia
    was hardy to about 0 degrees. My 3 are looking very bad as a result of 2 days of 18 degree weather with a wind chill of 10. I am assuming they will come back and that I just need to be patient or something like that? Any other advice?
    Thank you.
    Bruce Seward
    Dallas, Texas

February 25, 2017 at 3:35 pm
  9. steve

southernliving.com has never had the best layout or organization for a website, and like so many legacy media groups, they have struggled at every turn and for the most part cocked up everything they’ve tried. The “Garden” section is horrid and I suppose they thought moving The Grumpy Gardener over there and hiding it amongst all the trifle would help the page views. Good luck with that.

February 25, 2017 at 12:50 pm
  10. Marty

Grumpy, glad you have returned to us. I am sure that you are not surprised that some of your readers are just as grumpy as you. You are worth searching for in my opinion.
    I sent you photos of European crepe murder in 2016. You said that you would save them for the 2017 contest. Every email I have sent to grumpygardensl@gmail.com has come back to me. Not sure why.

February 25, 2017 at 12:18 pm
  11. Adam

You can let the powers-that-be who send you your paycheck know that I only came to southernliving.com to read your posts, and I will not be coming back.

That page you linked to is a mess, and there’s no telling which posts are whose on it. I don’t intend to waste my time every week trying to sort that mess out and find the only post that I care about hidden amongst its slop.

February 25, 2017 at 10:00 am
  12. Margie

So glad to find you again. Thought something bad had happened to you.

February 24, 2017 at 8:41 pm
  13. poogank

I do not like / use facebook—will we be receiving blog notices like before?

*Amanda Kiel* *poogank@gmail.com *

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:44 AM, The Daily South wrote:

> Steve Bender posted: ” I know many of you have been greatly disturbed > about the lack of Grumpy posts in 2017. You’ve found them to be a great > source of comfort and wisdom in your life and suddenly, they’ve been yanked > away! What happened? Is Grumpy in prison? Is Grump” >

February 24, 2017 at 7:23 pm