Tanner’s Recommendation: Hotel Shower Curtain Windows

As I stood beneath the lukewarm spray this morning, six pairs of curtain hooks–like miniature prosthetic pirate hands–hung ominously overhead.

Showercurtainwindow Showercurtainthumbsup

(Photos by Tanner Latham)

The hook holes, twelve dark eyes, stared down, and I swear I felt them inching closer.  Closer.

I beg you, Great Hotel Governor, make shower curtain windows mandatory.  You know what I’m talking about.  That band of clear plastic near the top through which the glorious light shines.

Privacy preserved.  Claustrophobia averted.

COMMENTS

1. Shutters Perth

Wow, those are beautiful! Personally, when I am renovating a bathroom, I prefer to base the entirety of the theme around the shower curtain. Some of those designs would really bring out some nice modern elements in an outdated space.

February 16, 2011 at 7:04 am
  2. Mike

This is the shower curtain you are looking for. Hampton sells it $46… Check the url

July 23, 2009 at 9:50 am
  3. window blinds

Hi,
    The windows are brilliant…The ‘window’ is the best thing in hotel shower curtains since the outward curving bar that keeps the icky-sticky wet curtain from clinging to me.

March 24, 2009 at 8:27 am
  4. Marvelene

I found a similar one on the Hammacher Schlemmer website under see thru shower curtain

March 13, 2009 at 8:06 am
  5. fl

Can anyone supply a site or phone number where I can purchase the see fabric through shower curtain. I also have used these in hotels and they are great.

February 28, 2009 at 2:14 pm
  6. Casey

Called Hampton. Carmen said the picture on Hampton site is wrong.

February 10, 2009 at 8:10 am
  7. Julia

How about a decent shower light and less plastic junk on the planet?

December 8, 2008 at 12:40 pm
  8. Tanner

This is a Hampton Inn shower curtain, Mae. I’ve seen them in other chain hotels as well. Good luck on your search and thanks for checking out the blog.

December 7, 2008 at 1:54 pm
  9. Mae

Hi Tanner,
    I love that pattern on the shower curtain window. I looked online but no luck. Can you please give me the name of the hotel so I can call and ask what company they use?
    Thank you.

December 5, 2008 at 3:29 pm
  10. Lissie

No more claustrophobia!Annie at http://www.ilmaofsweden.com has thought about the see through top. And the shower curtains are made of fabric! They are fabolous! Buy one and support her new business! We need more innovative people making reality of obvious things everyone needs.

September 7, 2008 at 11:05 am
  11. annette

for those of us with shower-curtain-phobia, the next best invention is the crescent curtain rod. now we can wash without curtain hugs.

July 4, 2008 at 7:30 am
  12. art

I’ve seen the back of too many dark shower curtains. And many that were helpfully shadowed by the bathroom door too, limiting light as well as entry. The ‘window’ is the best thing in hotel shower curtains since the outward curving bar that keeps the icky-sticky wet curtain from clinging to me.

June 9, 2008 at 8:35 am
  13. Tanner Latham

The windows are brilliant. You know, like the little slip of paper you stick in the folds of the book you’re reading to hold your place. Something to…mark…your…book.
    Brilliant!

June 5, 2008 at 10:06 pm
  14. Janelle

Ha. I just experienced these shower curtains last weekend at a hotel and thought about how smart they were as well. Love the photo.
    Janelle