Purple – The Color You Need This Spring

March 19, 2013 | By | Comments (6)

The official color of the year may be emerald, but we’ve noticed splashes of violet, lilac and lavender popping up on our mini-trend radar. It seems only natural that after seeing so many gray furniture and accessories that the palette pendulum would eventually shift back to lighter, more-feminine purple-y grays. Just a small hit of light purple can quickly refresh a space and it’s perfect for spring’s pastel hues. Timely and versatile — shades of lavender and lilac energize when paired with black, turquoise, or even coral. For a more understated vibe match it with gray or brown. Try on this fresh new palette with one of these:

leif home tumbler Purple   The Color You Need This Spring

horchow rug Purple   The Color You Need This Spring

Photo Courtesy of Horchow.com

Horchow’s Masterson Rug by Safavieh, from $129

lavender basket Purple   The Color You Need This Spring

Photo Courtesy of ShopTerrain.com

Terrain’s Lavender Basket, $58

COMMENTS

1. a staycation

Sorbet colours are all the rage for spring. Thanks for all of the suggestions of this fantastic colour just before spring. I think this is my go-to blog for ideas.

March 19, 2013 at 10:52 am
  2. Zoë Gowen

@ a staycation, Thank you for the kind words! We are always thinking of new ideas, please – keep coming back to us.

March 19, 2013 at 10:55 am
  3. Cindy Gill

I LOVE Terrain and fortunately it is right up the road from me, so I save a lot on shipping and take advantage of their wonderful sales! If ever up north–you must visit… also Longwood Gardens just a few miles down the road from Terrain!

March 19, 2013 at 11:01 am
  4. Cindy Gill

I LOVE Terrain and fortunately it is right up the road from me, so I save a lot on shipping and take advantage of their wonderful sales! If ever up north–you must visit…also Longwood Gardens just a few miles down the road from Terrain!

March 19, 2013 at 11:03 am
  5. wrc195616@aol.com

I love it partially due to the fact that it is part of my favorite College teams color! Go Clemson Tigers! Sorry I had to give them a plug! I do like purple in all it’s hues. And the vast contrast colors that can accompany it are just as fulfilling!

March 19, 2013 at 3:17 pm
  6. Kim Krause

Purple has been my favorite color my entire life!!!!! I think I might have gotten that from my grandmother. She had this very rich deep dark, lush velveteen 8 foot purple couch. I could never be so bold and commit to that kind of color on such a permanent, large piece of furniture. My bedroom is done in different hues of dusty purples and greens, with a touch of dusty pinks, blues and little spots of yellow. I am 56 years old and I am not married; so I can have a girly bedroom!!!!!!!

March 20, 2013 at 10:36 am