Home Base: Panama City, Florida
Occupation: Owner, Bolt House Textiles
Designer Of: Customizable linen and linen/cotton-blend fabrics inspired by the Gulf Coast
Lori began her career in advertising but soon realized her creative temperament wasn’t suited to the corporate world. On a whim, she knocked on the door of Atlanta interior designer Nancy Braithwaite and began work at her firm in 2000. Lori launched her own interiors business in 2004 and then followed with Bolt House Textiles in the wake of the 2010 Gulf Coast oil spill. “It really started as a tribute to the beauty and fragility of the region,” she says.
Building on her initial line of 44 hand-drawn patterns available in 100 colors, Lori is launching 6 new patterns in warm hues, including Hornet’s Nest and Arrowhead (pictured above). Arrowhead was inspired by Lori’s husband’s family collection of Indian artifacts.
“Anyone who is interested in starting a business needs to have an internal flame—a passion—because it takes a lot of blood, sweat, and tears,” says Lori.
Shop the Collection
- Hornet’s Nest in Storm Cloud and Arrowhead in Silver Fern
- Fabric by the yard: Barbwire in Raven, Diamondback in Taupe, and Jellyfish in Blood Orange, from $55/yard.
- Light fixture: 20″ Square in Large Seahorse in Ink, from $630.
- Rectangular shades: Tracks in Lava, Small Hummingbird in Rust, and Diamondback in Taupe, from $190.
- Round shade: Small Long Leaf Pine in Golden Wheat, from $180.
- Light fixture: 17″ Square in Large Sea Anemone in Rouge, from $455.
All items are available through bolthousetextiles.com.