Get Your Porch Party Ready

May 16, 2014 | By | Comments (8)

Summer Porch PartyNothing is more Southern than an impromptu Porch Party, and I am sure many will agree that their favorite early summer nights are spent with a small group of family and friends sharing stories and sipping cocktails en plein air. Here are a few porch-pick-me-ups to get your outdoor living area company ready. We even included a playlist & happy-hour-ready recipes so all that is left to do is gather the group. Cheers!

1) Invest in an Indoor / Outdoor Rug and during the off-season, let it live in the kids’ playroom or on the sun-porch.

2) Give guests a place to rest their drink and/or pull up as extra seating.

3) Add some Bohemian flavor to the mix of your classic outdoor porch furniture.

4) Change your pillows out seasonally if budget allows and let the color palette be fresh and fun.

5) Trays are not only great for entertaining purposes, but they also add that additional layer to the coffee and/or dining table.

6) Pick your poison: use to plant an orchid or a green fern and/or fill with ice and your favorite bottle of wine.

7) Give your porch ambiance with affordable porcelain lanterns that let the light flicker when the sun goes down. Try putting citronella candles in them for a buggy night.

8) Glasses not only bring seasonal color, but will be used to serve wine, water, and/or lemonade.

9) The burlap makes them casual, the monogram makes them personal, and cloth cocktail napkins are an obvious must for any Southern lady.

10) Pour a cocktail for you and your guests.

11) Don’t forget to put out a light bite.

12) And lastly, put on these easy-breezy party tunes using this Porch Party Playlist.

COMMENTS

1. خرید کریو

very nice

December 12, 2014 at 6:25 pm
  2. Sunny

There are some great ideas here. I need to make-over my porch before summer gets away from me. Thanks for putting together these fantastic photos. Re-Blogged Here

August 3, 2014 at 8:06 am
  3. Project: New Room! DIY Princess Room :) – Choose My Room

[…] The PrincessMolly & The PrincessInspiring Summer Porches -Juvenile Justice Information ExchangeGet Your Porch Party ReadySummer Blues: Turquoise & Blue Coastal Living -Plan Your MeetingsPlan Your MeetingsBack on the […]

June 29, 2014 at 8:46 pm
  4. codeweavers.zendesk.com

ace diet pills side effects

June 17, 2014 at 1:33 pm
  5. http://Yourlisten.com

Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I
    submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything.
    Do you have any points for newbie blog writers?
    I’d really appreciate it.

June 7, 2014 at 11:57 pm
  6. octaviarangel.pen.io

hdmi to 3 rca cable

May 29, 2014 at 2:47 am
  7. cloresflowersblog

Reblogged this on Clores flowers blog and commented:
    THe South has some great ideas that any of us can use up here in the North!

May 27, 2014 at 8:01 pm
  8. carpeting stores in pittsburgh

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your
    site. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit
    more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Superb work!