This week marks the beginning of college football season. For die-hard fans, it also means weekends dominated by all-day outdoor tailgating. Early in the season, temperatures are up and staying party-ready in the heat can be a challenge. We recommend carrying a tote filled with beauty essentials that help keep you fresh from kick-off long through the fourth quarter. Here are a few travel-size essentials that won’t take up too much space in your bag but will help you fight game day’s inevitable heat and humidity.
Easy-to-Stow Beauty Picks:
1) Individually Packaged Makeup Removing Wipes Makeup removing wipes clean up runny makeup and are great for small messes. This thinly-packaged version is also small enough to easily slip into a pocket or clutch. Japonesque Pro Makeup Artist Wipes, $12.50; ulta.com
2) Mini Antiperspirant It’s never a bad idea to keep deodorant on-hand when you know you’ll be out in the heat for hours. We love this little version of Dove’s classic formula. Dove Go Fresh Deodorant, $0.97; target.com
3) No-Tug Hair Ties Stash a few hair ties in your bag so you have the option to pull your style off your neck and shoulders if you get a bit sticky. Ribbon Hair Ties, $9; sephora.com
4) Taming Hair Oil Humidity is one of hair’s worst enemies. Keep hair oil handy; applying a small amount helps fight frizz. Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil, $19; bumbleandbumble.com
5) Compact Scent Spray Freshen with a touch of fragrance hours after your initial application has worn off. The compact packaging makes it ideal for carrying in your purse. Daisy Spray Pen, $22; marcjacobs.com
6) Waterproof Mascara Don’t let eye makeup run. Swap your usual mascara for a waterproof version that fights sweat and humid air. Buxom Lash Waterproof Mascara; $19; sephora.com
7) Sheer Sunblock Stick Reapply every few hours to the face, shoulders and any other exposed skin area. This no-mess stick formula makes no threat to spill inside your bag. Neutrogena UltraSheer Face & Body Stick Sunscreen, $10.99, drugstore.com
We want to hear from you! What are your tricks for staying beautiful in Southern heat?