Wedding season has arrived and here at Southern Living, we couldn’t be more thrilled. We’ll be bringing you weekly wedding-related posts—DIY ideas, etiquette tips, real weddings and more. Check in each week to see what has us smitten!
Last week, we announced that we’ve partnered up with Zola to bring you The Southern Living Ultimate Wedding Registry. It’s packed with Southern charm and serves as the perfect jumping-off point to get your registry going. This week, we’re going to tell you a little bit about what we picked for your kitchen and why. Here are the top five items that every Southerner must have in their kitchen:
- Cast Iron Skillet—First things first, there is just no excuse for not having a cast iron skillet. You’ll need it to make some of the Southern favorites like our Parmesan-Pecan Fried Catfish with Pickled Okra Salsa, and our Fried Green Tomatoes With Bread-and-Butter Pickle Rémoulade. When your mother-in-law finds out that you’ve even seasoned it properly, she’ll be blown away!
- Basic Bundt Cake Pan—We Southerners love a bundt cake and you never know when it’ll be your turn to bring the dessert to the baby shower. Be prepared.
- Decorative Cake Stand— Not only do we like our bundt cakes, we like to make sure they are displayed with panache. If you’re not the most enthusiastic baker out there, don’t think you can’t still use one. The best part about a cake stand is that it has more than just one purpose—use it to display everything from fruit to mini herb pots.
- Multifunctional Mixer— This is a chef’s best friend. This kitchen helper does the hard work for you, tackling an array of jobs you might not think a mixer could, including: shredding cheese, straining vegetables, juicing oranges, making pasta and the list goes on. Don’t leave this handy tool off your registry!
- Display-Worthy Baking Dish—We love items that are simultaneously decorative and functional. Bake and serve your favorite casseroles in this one dish. The Italian stoneware fits perfectly in a shabby chic home.
We want to hear from you! What’s going on your registry?