When food blogger, Courtney Bryant of The Little Dixie Cook, went gluten-free in 2009, she was determined that taking care of her health didn’t have to mean missing out on all her favorite foods—like breads, cakes, and muffins. Graciously, she’s sharing her very own gluten-free versions of our favorite Southern recipes. Tune in every other Tuesday for another delectable treat!
The Little Dixie Cook’s Blueberry Muffins
- 1¼ cups brown rice flour
- ½ cup sweet white sorghum flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
- few dashes of cinnamon
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 – 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ – ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (totally your preference!)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together brown rice flour, sorghum flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, cinnamon, white sugar, & brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat milk, sour cream, and vegetable oil. Add in egg and vanilla. Blend until well mixed.
- Stir in flour mixture until batter just comes together. Fold in blueberries.
- Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray. Fill each cup ⅔ full. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
For more gluten free recipes, be sure to check out @littledixiecook on Instagram.