When you tumble, hurdle, and jump for hours—keeping your hair in tip-top shape isn’t easy. Five cheerleaders from the gridiron share their MVP (Most Valuable Product).
1. For touchdown worthy curls: “This berry-scented mousse is my all-time-favorite product. A quarter-size dollop gives curls lasting bounce without the crunch.” Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse, $2.99.
—Kerri Reid, Georgia Tech sophomore
2. To defend against frizz: “I brush in a few sprays of this nongreasy oil and I’m out the door with all-day shiny strands.” Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil for Hair, Body & Face, $4.48.
—Jordan Jones, University of Florida senior
3. For a big hair blitz: “Teasing is key to get Texas-size volume. This gives my tease the same boost as hair spray without the stickiness.” Big Sexy Hair Powder Play, $16.95.
—Autumn Wagman, University of Texas junior
4. To play offense against flyways: “For smooth volume, I let this lotion soak in while my hair air-dries until just damp and then blow-dry.” Marc Anthony Instantly Thick Hair Thickening Cream, $7.99.
—Rachel Barke, University of Alabama sophomore
5. To tackle tangles: “Hair gets knotty on the field. A good leave-in conditioner smooths my hair without weighing it down. This one also works double duty as a shine booster.” Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner, $3.25.
—Kristen Furr, Ole Miss junior