Ever notice that when you change a few things in your bedroom or finally get around to hanging that piece of art you’ve had laying around forever that your home suddenly feels rejuvenated? You get more done at home, start inviting friends over more often, and you might even start getting more dates (yes, a well designed bedroom can have this affect on the universe… #seriously).
So if you’re bored at work or feeling stuck in a creative rut, why haven’t you changed up your desk yet!? It may seem completely isolated from your job, but your workspace has a huge impact on the amount you get done and how much you enjoy each day! Laurel & Wolf Designer, Jessica Today put together three looks you can easily emulate in your workspace that will make your coworkers want to wander into your beautiful little cubicle. Are you ready to start loving your job, killing it in your daily meetings and doing it all in style? Then read on!
Desktop #1: Campaign Style Desk
This gender-neutral look is as fresh as an ocean breeze! We started with a Coastal inspired print and from there, added a few extra details to make this a complete look:
- A cup for odds and ends
- Coral stand as a paper weight
- A magnifier (you know, in case you leave your reading glasses at home)
- A set of geode bookends to bring it back to earth and add a little shine
- A vase so you can add a little greenery to your desk!
Desktop #2: Chic Style Desk
We love this stylish chic desk! It’s just glam enough to show your personality at work without being overwhelmingly girly. Temper your use of gold accents by picking a soft pastel as your secondary color (we went with peony pink).
- A coffee mug that’s too pretty to drink out of is perfect for holding pens!
- Take notes on this adorable notepad.
- A gold sphere takes up a little space and adds a bit of glamour.
- A sweet graphic print will brighten your spirits come 4 o’clock!
Desktop #3: Industrial Inspired Desk
You can be a dude and still have an awesome desktop! An industrial look, heavy in metal and leather is a great way to make your desk look grown-up and masculine but still well kept.
- Start with a desk blotter as your base; they’re a little old fashioned but really pull your look together.
- A calming piece of art is perfect for daydreaming over long conference calls.
- A leather desk blotter and accessories add a masculine touch.
- A cool globe shows that you’re not just bound to your desk!
Just because it’s a desk doesn’t mean it has to be all work and no play. A fun, well styled desk is the secret to a good work day, everyday.
xoxo, Laurel & Wolf
Photos by Nick O’Neil. Styling by Jessica Today.